Plex Kodi Addon

connmand[270]: eth0 {add} address 192.168.1.165/24 label eth0 family 2

2019-09-20 23:42:50.532 T:1399055072 NOTICE: script.plex: API: DEBUG: Received GDM response for ‘Andys Plex Media’ at http://192.168.1.64:32400
2019-09-20 23:42:50.534 T:1365484256 NOTICE: script.plex: API: DEBUG: Connection: https://86-171-34-227.d4cb1f126cf446659526510aa1e703d7.plex.direct:27402 local: False token: ****mkDz sources: MYPLEX state: unknown

Sorry what does this mean and add it where. i changed my ip address to this which is evey ip address connected to my network

unserurly

I do not mind if you were to ssh in and take a look or team viewer. i have backups of my films if anything was to go wrong.

No, that is just those two addresses. It would seem that what you put originally “192.168.1.100/255.255.255.0” is the way they designed it to specify a port range according to their online documentation. I don’t understand quite how that convention is suppose to work though, and they don’t elaborate. On my system I just set the ip of my Pi which was already set with a static ip address so that setting stayed valid.

When I turn on debugging and look at my own system I see the following…

NOTICE: script.plex: API: Starting request: GET https://plex.tv/api/home/users?X-Plex-Token=**** (async=False timeout=10.0(10))
NOTICE: script.plex: API: DEBUG: Skip reachability test for Connection: https://192-168-254-201.9642ae8be8c14c91a0b67bdc1b426088.plex.direct:32400 local: True token: None sources: DISCOVERED state: reachable (checked 0.808515071869 secs ago)
NOTICE: script.plex: API: Insecure connection testing is deferred for <PlexServer 'Plex Server' owned: False uuid: d8803e02fe73c6b9000a98f0fd36645b60324fe0 version: 1.16.5.1554>

You will notice that it is set as local and not trying to use a token

When I look at your log I see your Pi at 192.168.1.165 but your plex server says it is only skipping validation of two other addresses…

NOTICE: script.plex: API: DEBUG: Skip reachability test for Connection: https://86-171-34-227.d4cb1f126cf446659526510aa1e703d7.plex.direct:27402 local: False token: ****mkDz sources: MYPLEX state: reachable (checked 0.809326887131 secs ago)
NOTICE: script.plex: API: DEBUG: Skip reachability test for Connection: https://192-168-1-64.d4cb1f126cf446659526510aa1e703d7.plex.direct:32400 local: True token: ****mkDz sources: DISCOVERED, MYPLEX state: unknown (has pending request)

Hi thanks for your help i have put the Pi ip address in allow unsecure connections i select said movie and i now get in top write hand corner puple box says buffering. but nothing happens.

MYCLOUD-TNXKV2 - 192.168.1.64
86-171-34-227 = this appears to be the private ip address under the remote access setings i have now turned it off

I am begining to think its my nas or the rasberry pi ethernet not able to cope with the orginal quality 1080 video

if you wish to dial in to my pi to have a look please let me know.

I already explained to you in this thread what your problem is. I told you what I thought it was, and I think your logs confirm that it was indeed the case. I told you what the settings should be in the Kodi add-on and here is a screenshot of my Server settings…

If you want you can double check your settings, reboot your Plex Server, turn on debugging in OSMC, reboot twice, play a video in the Plex add-on, and then upload logs again, and I will take another look. Alternatively you can look at your logs yourself to find the relevant information such as what I posted above.

If my suggestions are not working then you may find better luck over on the Plex or Kodi forums. I don’t have any specialized knowledge of the inner workings of Plex. I’m just some random dude on the internet volunteering here that just so happens to have installed this and spent a couple minutes figuring out how to get it to work.

Thank you for your help

Did you get it working as expected?

No yet i have done what you have said though and i get the movie to play but it buffers for ages, then stops then buffers again.

is there a way of adding advanced setting to increase the memory.

Normal videos play fine SD if i drop the HD formate to 720 or lower it plays then.

I am going to post the issue on the plex forum to see if any one has solution. it could be My mycloud as its only basic. but from the testing I have been doing at least i know its not the file itself.

I will keep tinkering with it if i get it working i will let you know.

Once again thanks for your help

You can increase the size of the buffer but this would not fix your problem. The problem is that it is having to route itself though the internet and so you would have to drop the transcode settings down to below the upload speed of your internet connection. This is a highly undesirable thing to do. If you can get direct play working then it will go straight from your NAS to Kodi over your LAN and you will not have this bottleneck anymore. From what I can see your Kodi add-on is finding your server on your local network just fine but direct play is not activating. This would because either a setting is preventing this, or it is failing a security validation. The setting I kept referring to above was all about removing the security validation for your Pi which is simpler than figuring out how to fix the validation (which is pointless on a home LAN to LAN connection).

I know I do understand

I have put the rasbeery PI IP address in the filed that tat you specfied not sure why it wont work for HD videos though. I do have my connection going through a TPLINK switch put i doubt that will be causing the issue.

my layout is

Nas connected to ethernet switch- connection from switch goes to my bt home hub router

Did you try rebooting your server after changing the settings. Did you double check that the ip address showing in Kodi is still the exact same address excluded on the server (ie you had not made it a fixed ip and it got updated by dhcp). Your kodi can see the server so the TPLINK is not the issue and a normal switch would not cause this issue.

i did set my osmc up with a static ip addres there appears to be another version of the app on git hub might try that

might try plex kodi connet lol

My Nas Connection is a Relay Type does this matter

I don’t know. I have never played with that NAS and any support for it should really should be directed over to an appropriate forum.