Portable SSD Issue

I tried the two Vero ports, all of them gets failed.
I have another hub in my work… But only Monday I can test.
But for many months my Vero worked so well only with a portable HD without any hub.
I have others portable devices that I will test tomorrow and I will post here.

Thanks so much for your attention

Hi people, i tried another powered hub (similar the first) but it was not successful.

I don’t know what do !! I really think that my Vero USB ports aren’t good.

What i should do ?

Thx

If Vero is not working properly, you should expect problems with other USB devices like a USB stick or a USB card reader. Do those work, either plugged in directly or through the hub?

Only works with small pendrives …32GB. If i plug portable HD ou SSD doesn’t works.
But worked in the past. Why ?

It’s working now.

====================== Diskspace =================== qZy25Yas
Filesystem           Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
devtmpfs             774M     0  774M   0% /dev
tmpfs                895M   25M  871M   3% /run
/dev/vero-nand/root   14G  2.5G   11G  19% /
tmpfs                895M     0  895M   0% /dev/shm
tmpfs                5.0M     0  5.0M   0% /run/lock
tmpfs                895M     0  895M   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/sdb1            466G  173G  294G  38% /media/D8567D5E567D3E76

---------------------- Diskspace END --------------- qZy25Yas

It first mounts the device as /dev/sda1, then unmounts it for reasons that aren’t clear, then successfully mounts the device as /dev/sdb1.

It mounts and unmounts several times… when you play a movie , for just 5 seconds then crash.

From the picture, it looks like you’re using the OSMC RF dongle.
You could swap the two USB devices over to rule out an individual port issue.

From your log, I see:

May 25 20:57:55 osmc kernel: Buffer I/O error on device sda1, logical block 28805225

The first thing I’d check is if the USB cable is good (cables can be a problem) and if you are using the same cable with your Windows computer.

You could also put the remote dongle in the USB hub. If the remote starts acting sporadic, then there’s something wrong there.

Sam

That’s preceded by

May 25 20:57:55 osmc udisks-glue[630]: Device file /dev/sda1 unmounted from /media/D8567D5E567D3E76
May 25 20:57:55 osmc udisks-glue[630]: Device file /dev/sda1 removed
May 25 20:57:55 osmc udisks-glue[630]: Device file /dev/sda removed

Yep, I saw that.

There is the possibility that the Vero 4K can provide enough power for the SSD directly (I haven’t checked its power requirements), but it can’t do so with the cable being used.

It’s OK… Maybe… But the ssd is a lower power consumption. And I want to remember that others portable HD devices is not working too and in the past they worked.
My last try… I will test in a friend that’s have a Vero 4K + in this week. I will give the feedback asap.

Regards

Do you have a reference to this?

Sam

Dear friends, I was stubborn and I did not listen to you. From the beginning you said it was energy, actually a powered hub. Really after I change for a 3.0 - 4 ports powered hub, I got the problem solved.
My apologies.

Thanks

2 Likes

I’m glad to hear this is now working as expected.
Although SSDs do not have moving parts, they can still consume a significant amount of power.

Sam

1 Like