Possible to Add Video Category?

I’m not quite sure how to ask this, but I’ll try. I have a folder of Christmas videos and a folder of Halloween videos. Apparently the videos do not get marked as “watched” when I run them from the [Files] section, but I don’t want these to show up under [TV Shows] or [Movies] either. Is there anyway to create a Library entry for each one (Halloween and Christmas) and have the files added to the Library under each respective entry? Does that make sense?

You could probably achieve what you want with video nodes - http://kodi.wiki/view/Video_nodes

That looks like it might just work! I’ll try that… Thank you!

One thing, though… I see <content>movies</content> in the XML files. My shows are a mixture of TV Shows and Movies. I see where you can mix audio and video files, but not so much TV Shows and Movies… Any tips? Thanks again.

-=[ EDIT ]=-

So…no. I followed the directions on the page but there is no Halloween node on the main screen and the Halloween files are not hidden from the Movies/Titles menu. :frowning:

/home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/library/video

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<node order="11" type="filter">
 <label>Halloween Shows</label>
<!-- <content>movies</content> -->
 <match>all</match>
 <icon>Pooh_Halloween.png</icon>
 <limit>200</limit>
 <rule field="path" operator="contains"><value>Halloween/</value></rule>
</node>

/home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/library/video/movies

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<node order="2" type="filter">
  <label>369</label>
  <icon>DefaultMovieTitle.png</icon>
  <content>movies</content>
  <order direction="ascending">sorttitle</order>
  <match>all</match>
  <rule field="path" operator="doesnotcontain"><value>/Halloween/</value></rule>
  <rule field="path" operator="doesnotcontain"><value>/Christmas/</value></rule>
</node>

You will likely find more relevant info and assistance on the Kodi forums for what you are trying to do here. All of this is quite dependent on the behavior of Kodi and not specific to OSMC.

… even though OSMC on the Raspberry Pi is how I am trying to do this? ok…

And just for clarification… what is the difference between Kodi and OSMC?

Ah… sooo… Get asked that a lot, do ya? lol :slight_smile:

So, I guess the majority of questions I have are better suited in the Kodi forum. Gotcha. Good to know.