Problem YouTube rewind

I have a problem using the YT addon.

I’ve programmed my remote to associate the 3 sec rewind with a button (Seek(-3)), but since the latest YT update it doesn’t work anymore.

It only happens when the AVC1 codec in YT’s options is used.

is there any other way for this to work ?

If skip-step works (ie using the direction buttons while playing a video) you can add custom time options for them with an advancedsettings.xml file and then tweak the skip step setting in Kodi’s playback settings so the first negative value is 3 seconds. This should make a single left perform the action you want.

Which line should I enter in this file ?

until now, I’ve been using the remote.xml file

Unless you changed the default keymapping for the direction buttons in the FullscreenVideo window the direction buttons use something called skip step. This function allows for you to push a button multiple times to jump video time a variable amount depending on how many times you press the button. The main configuration for this function is in settings>player>video>skip steps> but you can by default only select a narrow selection of times with the shortest being 10 seconds. You can add your own custom times which will then show up in that settings page. Everything you need to know should be found in the following wiki…

https://kodi.wiki/view/Skip_steps

works everywhere except on the YT addon

yes, I’ve been doing all this for a long time, it’s only been working since a few updates, and I’ve noticed that it’s the AVC1 that’s missing.

Hi,

No idea ?

Not off hand. Can you reboot twice, turn on debug logging, play one of these videos and tell it perform the navigation actions, stop the video, upload full logs, and then share the url that is returned.

Yes, here:

https://paste.kodi.tv/ewurelohig.kodi

Thanks for that. It looks to me like it is going through the motions so it’s not a keymapping issue. Maybe @anxdpanic can take a look at the logs and see if he can spot anything that looks off after the “action is Seek(-3)” part of the log.

it worked before the last update. I don’t know what they’ve changed.

I still can’t find a solution

I talked to anxdpanic (one of the YouTube add-on and OSMC devs) and he suggested to try an older version of the InputStream Adaptive add-on to see if that makes the problem go away.

Ok, I’ll give it a try that

No, I’ve gone back 1 year, and it still doesn’t work.