Problems detecting and handling deinterlacing and pulldown

I posted some thoughts here: OSMC Vero V Review - #235 by ac16161, I’m happy to elaborate. When you look at @angry.sardine 's Time Flight clip on a Vero V or 4 running the current kernel, the jaggies are in-your-face obvious. The playback is terrible. It’s not as bad as Infuse on an ATV (the Vero at least gives 50Hz temporal resolution), but it is very poor. I’ve compared several MPEG2 files with a Vero 4K running the old kernel as well as a Pi 3 running current OSMC, and they are vastly superior. As a result I have abandoned plans to run a V as a primary mkv player for each of my TV’s. It’s excellent for 24p content and I’m happy with it for field-interlaced 1080i such as the classic Dr Who bluray upscales, but with regret, I wouldn’t say it’s excellent for SD material or progressive 1080i content. So for now, if anyone is looking for excellent playback across all the standard content types, then it should be understood that the current build for the V does not provide a single-box solution.