Problems with HDMI CEC w/ Philips TV

Did you try another HDMI cable? There don’t seem to be issues from osmc

Yes, I tried the HDMI cable that came with the Vero 4k and the one previously applied with the Raspberry Pi2 (a “logilink” HDMI cable with gold plated connectors; I did not experience the same problem with the previous set-up). There might be other HDMI cables lying around in my cellar, which I can give a try.

I understand that you should not make surreptitious advertising in such a forum, but can you / can anyone recommend a HDMI cable for the Vero 4k to me?

b.t.w., incidentally, I have noticed that the CEC service starts working again after some time or after using the Vero’s own remote, respectively.
Previously, I used to either deactivate / activate CEC in the TV-set or used to switch the TV to another channel and back to the HDMI channel in order to re-activate CEC. However, I incidentally noticed that the CEC service starts working again if I first continue to operate the Vero with the Vero’s own remote control or an external keyboard and subsequently continue to use operate the Vero with the TV-Set’s remote control via CEC. (I hope this makes grammatically sense.)

Best, Markus

If they work with Pi, they should work on Vero 4K. The included HDMI cable should be satisfactory; although some do not use it because it is only 1M long.

I understand what you are saying; although I’m not sure what would immediately cause this.

You will probably get a massive log; but if you can enable Component Based Logging in Kodi for CEC, it would be interesting to see the log when CEC stops working.

From your previous logs however, there doesn’t seem to be an indication of a problem on the Vero side.

I forget if we asked; but were you able to test Vero 4K connected to the Philips without Raspberry Pi and Chromecast connected?

Sam

Will do the testing and report the results.

My wife just reminded me that the TV-set is older than I though: I was under the impression that I bought the TV-set in 2009 but my wife correctly reminded me that we watched the 2006 world cup hosted in Germany on said TV-set (How could I have forgotten?!). So maybe it’s really just the TV.

Best, Markus

b.t.w. The Vero 4k has replaced the Raspberry Pi. So only i) the Vero 4k, ii) a Philips sound system and iii) the Chromecast were connected.

After some testing I believe that it is the Chromecast: without the Chromecast, CEC was stable, but broke sometimes right after I attached the Chromecast.

Thanks much for all of your contributions,

Markus

Enjoy!