Progress at last

there are pata/ide ssds…i just put an ide ssd in my g4 powerbook, but there’s plenty of room in the atv1 for an inline/single plane sata/ide adapter 2.5
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-7-15-Pin-Female-SATA-HDD-SSD-TO-2-5-Male-IDE-Adapter-Converter-For-laptop-/110999547832
or 1.8
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/252083467077?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid=82
(i just ordered 1;-)

and since u r opening ur atv, u can simply install the sd version directly to it if u mount it on ur desk/laptop w/ a usb<->sata cable ($10 @ walmart;-)

so the useful answer to ur original ? (if u mean by stable, simply working) hhd install: right now;-)

I did read the entire thread I simply must have missed it. If i had seen the answer i wouldn’t have asked, sorry to piss you guys off for asking a question on a forum. I’m not perfect I make mistakes.

I wasn’t pissed off… I simply stated the facts. Your comment… “Duh”… was annoying though.

FWIW: OSMC has hundreds of thousands of users and a only a couple of volunteer forum moderators.
There are plenty of people in internetland who don’t bother looking for info, and want someone to do the legwork for them. That’s what truly annoys people on all tech forums. It’s so common that most moderators, on all the boards I’m a member of, assume that’s the case when people ask questions that have already been covered at length.

In your case you simply missed the info. Like you say, a simple mistake. No biggie.

Stay tuned for updates. :smile:

Cheers !

1 Like

Just wanted to say thank you for letting us use our atv 1’s once again with support :grin::clap: Great work…happy to share all my logs :slight_smile:

Hi
As a pensioner I am not that familiar with all these new ideas, but I would appreciate some help.
I have an ATV 1 and I downloaded OSMC onto my Imac. I opened it and went through the various stages and checked the latest USB version. However, it would only let me check the sd card and everything else was greyed out so I could not install onto a USB stick. Why?

Also, if I replaced the ATV 1 it with Vero 2 would it work on my older 7-40 B & O Tv. It only as dvi to hdmi adapter, so I use L& R for audio and rgb components for picture. I bought the new Apple tv but found it did not connect for audio and picture as hdmi was attached to my virgin media box. I presume this is the same with vero 2

Thanks for any help
Hadrian

Sorry just found the solution. I had to go on to the next page. DOH!

You can use CVBS (for 576p) video, or a HDMI → DVI adapter will work just fine. Then you can get analog audio out (two channels) via the analog output.