Progress at last

So excited to hear of the progress, that I joined the community.
Thanks for your hard work!!

Yes…component video and digital audio out in the same package, not easy to find nowadays.

YES ! Thank You ! I appreciate the update . Its time to donate to the cause again .

Getting more and more excited, as can see more and more ATV stuff going on in github :slight_smile: Cracking work Sam :slight_smile:

Just donated again, cant wait to fire up the old ATV1 again. Thanks Sam!

1 Like

Hi everyone

I am down to the last few bits now. I have the installer working on USB. It boots up, and almost works out of the box. I need to get X11 running as a non-privileged user. I need to do some work to fix the CrystalHD driver on 4.x, and it’s proving to be a bit of a pain in the backside. I think my BCM70012 may have given up the ghost. I need to double check to be sure.

Sam

3 Likes

Thanks for the update Sam. If it’s biffed i can rip the 70015 out of my ATV and post it to you if it would help? Depends if it needs to be a 70012 or not…

Question - Will this support any wireless usb sticks? if so, any clues as to which? Might pick one up in preparation :smile:

cheers

No need. I am almost certain it is a driver related issue, and I have a spare card if that is not the case. I am only developing with the 70012 to optimise for the worst case scenarios.

The 70015 can be clocked slightly faster than the 70012. I may explore doing this if some people will provide feedback in our test builds when they land.

WiFi will be very well supported. Same chipsets supported as on Pi. Same kernel version too, so equal compatibility for mainline supported devices such as TV tuners.

Sam

4 Likes

Completely legitimate to ask if the atv1 deserves the attention. I’m glad it’s getting it though.

And if anyone needs BCM70012-cards, I have several spare ones lying around. Probably just as cheap to get them off ebay though, with free shipping from china.

yes please. as i’m one of those with the 12 card version :smiley:

A test build of OSMC 2015.10-1 for Apple TV is now available. Please see this thread:

Sam

2 Likes

Installing now! Thanks for getting this out!

so stoked for this ATV 1 usb relaese and once the HDD version is out I’m changing all 3 of my ATVs to this b/c crystalubuntu is still running fast and smooth on my atvs and as far as why we want i well I’ve looked at the specs on other newer boxes and yes this is old but it can still rock and roll with the new stuff no problem with sams help

How can i put an ssd in my atv1 ? the ide limitation i thought prevented that???

so is there an eta on the stable hdd release?

for the atv1 version of osmc??

Have you bothered to look at this thread ? and my guess is that an ETA for fully functional HDD installation etc is somewhere next year since the holidays are coming up.

I read the entire thread that is why I asked the question?

duh!

Had you FULLY read that thread, you would see that 3 days before you asked your question, it was said that it definitely won’t happen until next week, and likely not until New Years.

You, and everyone else, will be told when it’s been built, tested, and ready.
If we had a solid ETA we would have already posted that info.
Duh.