Provide Monochrome switch on video settings page

Some Monochrome videos have noticeable color noise. This noise often appears as a slight green tint, but sometimes is a more drastic, multicolor sparkle. In VLC I just set the color saturation to zero. I would like a simple Monochrome button on the video settings dialog that I can get to easily with the remote while watching the video.

We believe this is a Kodi issue or a specific Kodi function and as such you should look at addressing the issue there. If you do believe that this is an OSMC specific issue, please let us know.

I am not submitting a bug report here (no issue). I am requesting a new feature in OSMC. The color distortion comes from the codec. I simply want an easy way to remove all color information during playback. All video players have such a capability, but OSMC does not offer a control. I am sure it would be easily added to the video settings page.

Sam isn’t implying that it’s an issue, but more of a

So you’ll better be addressing it on Kodi forums.

So, is the “video settings” page, visible from the video play, simply transferring the Kodi video settings? If so, then I will investigate Kodi. Thanks.

I see the same “video settings” dialog page in Kodi 18. Kodi 18 appears to have several new settings missing in OSMC, including “Colour Management”. But still no way to set monochrome. I’ll submit a new feature request to Kodi.