PVR client on OSMC?

How do I activate/access an IPTV client on OSMC?

That seems a very basic question, but I couldn’t find an up-to-date answer. There are many answers about installing IPTV simple client for Kodi, but they do not seem to apply to OSMC distribution. For instance, attempting to install

apt install kodi-iptv-simple

requires removing all osmc packages and in essence reverting to basic kodi on raspbian.

I searched Wiki and forums, but couldn’t locate the answer. Thanks for your help. I am running the latest distribution from last December, fully updated.

It’s an addon that you would enable via Addons

its under my addons since its a binary addon and its disabled per default.

1 Like

It is not listed under “My addons”. I see there only the addons that I installed and “My OSMC” addon. It also isn’t in the Settings->…->Kodi addons repository.

it should be there on a default installation so please check again or else reinstall

Might be that you mean the PVR IPTV Simple Client?

You find it at

Settings → Add-on browser → My-add-ons → PVR Clients → PVR IPTV Simple CLient

1 Like

Thanks, found it

Why can’t I see any PVR Section in add-ons ?

Who knows. Logs can reveal if there is a problem though.

1 Like

sorry to resurrect an old thread and maybe I am being thick here (quite likely)

But is PVR IPTV Simple Client not allowed to run on OSMC. I have added it today , plugged in my M3U URL to it but the ‘run’ option is greyed out … is that correct?

OSMC would have no bearing on this. You should google on how to configure the app properly. You’ve likely overlooked some required configuration.

there is literally nothing to configure beyond your playlist - I have already searched but thank you anyway …