[Q] Connect speakers directly to raspberry pi running osmc

I’m running 2 raspberry pi’s running osmc in my home.
I have a third one lying around and want to create my own multiroom audio system.

In my living room i have a raspberry pi (B) running osmc and hyperion with a nice soundbar connected through HDMI Passthrough.
In my Bedroom i have a raspberry pi (B 2) running osmc connected to a nice amplifier with a few speakers.

in my kitchen i want a nice and clean setup using as little stuff as possible.
So the best thing is just to have something like the Hifi Berry Amp + to connect 2 speakers directly to the raspberry pi.
The only thing is that the Hifiberry AMP + is very expensive (in my opinion) and i’m searching for a cheaper solution.

the question is… what will work and how do i get it to work…
i’ve seen a few options, but i’d like to hear your opinion about them.
Adafruit has a few options, but they look like they connect to the 3,5mm jack, so don’t know if it can work directly from the gpio’s?
Also found some stuff on ebay and aliexpress.

1. STEREO 3.7W CLASS D AUDIO AMPLIFIER - MAX98306
  2. STEREO 2.8W CLASS D AUDIO AMPLIFIER - I2C CONTROL AGC - TPA2016
  3. LM386-Module

anyone any ideas?

thanks!

Old topic but I now have experience with cheap clones of HifiBerry and the actual Hifiberry DAC+.

My recommendation would be to spend that money of the HiFiBerry and not look further. It seems expensive for such a small piece of hardware but in return you get better audioquality then most commercial HiFi systems sold by the big chains. It is absolutely worth the price!