Qnap nfs - osmc

Hi,

So i have previously setup my NAS and OSMC to connect via NFS.
When browsing for a new share when adding a video source, i have also to go into NFS and then see my QNAP NAS.

Now for some reason i can’t see the QNAP, so im unable to add a new folder on the same KODI.
But my movies for the existing NFS share i setup all work?

No clue how to troubleshoot this, so any help would be great,!

Thanks

Have you read: File sharing with a NAS, media server, windows share or other device - General - OSMC

Sam

Hi, yeah i had followed something similar in the past with mounting shares.
But for the last year or so, i have bveen connecting via NFS and the fixed IP address of the NAS.

This was working fine for aroudn two years.

Now the NAS has had a firmeware upgrade and i had to change quite a bit around (as i was using port aggregation). Now it seems i can’t connect via NFS anymore.

I have tried stopping and restartiung the service on th NAS, changing permissions… All seems good.

But KODI can’t connect to create connection to a new source ont he NAS.

But my existing source all work via the orgiinal NFS which was setup via IP?

So, im stumped as to why it working for existing sources but not for new?

Thanks

Post logs via grab-logs -A and also output of showmount -e <IP-of-NAS>

Hi,

So here are trhe logs:

https://paste.osmc.tv/inubedomit

osmc@osmclounge:~$ showmount -e 192.168.1.10
Export list for 192.168.1.10:
/homes
/Web
/Public
/Pictures
/Multimedia
/Download
/CloudBackups
osmc@osmclounge:~$ showmount -e 192.168.1.11
Export list for 192.168.1.11:
/homes
/Web
/Recordings
/Public
/Pictures
/Music
/Multimedia
/Download
/CloudBackups
osmc@osmclounge:~$

Looks ok (while I normally would expect to see either a IP address limitation or * for no limitation but that might be a QNAP thing.
The QNAP setup description on Kodi forum looks complicated https://kodi.wiki/view/NFS

I think the easiest is if just brwosing is not working to either manually add the sources via Kodi GUI by giving IP and Share name. Or directly edit the sources file and create all the sources you want nano .kodi/userdata/sources.xml just copy and adapt the Source definition from Multimedia.

Last but not least looks like at one point in time you used the fstab based mounts, maybe you want to go back to that approach for the long term

OK, so its nothing to do with my OSMC.

I had some troubles with portforwarding on me NAS and Unifi network which is now resolved.