Questions to supsend mode, ondemand governor and frequency scaling

Hello,
I have read through several topics on the forums, but was not able to get a clear answer to my questions.
I really like the ease of suspend / wake up from the remote in the Vero4K+.
However not using the device a day, it is still considerably warm at 25°C in the room.

So I rebooted the device and put it into the suspend mode for half a day.
Via ssh I see the following results:
The governor /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor is set as expected to ondemand.
The temperature /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp stays around 60 °C.
The frequency /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq stays mostly 1512000 kHz.
Statistically /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state the device is at maximum clocks 1512 Mhz about 97% of the time during suspend mode.

Is the CPU only clocked down on thermal conditions disregard of utilization?
Would it be possible to put the utilization into the ondemand equation?
Are there any risks of freezing when the cpu is clocked down during the suspend mode?

In more recent kernels the downscaling of frequency is much less aggressive but should work fine

Sam

@sam_nazarko I am not sure to which question you refer to. So is the 97% of suspend time at max clock working as expected or not?

Yes – something is obviously keeping the frequency higher on your device.

Besides the Plex for Kodi plugin, which was off during the testing, I have nothing installed on it yet. I will try to find out what kept the CPU busy during the suspend time.