Random crashes?

Since a few weeks (or 1-2months, I haven’t used my Vero4k in a while) I seem to get random crashes all the time not too long after I booted the device. Then I have to unplug and plug it in again to get the Vero4k to start again.
While debugging is enabled I also see the CPU running over 100% (up to 200%) most of the time.

https://paste.osmc.tv/iwalawakum
During this the Vero4K crashed twice.

This is a log before with only 1 crash:
https://paste.osmc.tv/cupeqoqake

Everything worked just fine before. Can anybody help me out please?

I had a similar experience with my 4-year old Vero 4K. In the space of couple of weeks it just got worse and worse until it finally refused to boot at all (Red LED permanent).

It turned out to be the Power supply, and I’m not the first it has happened to.

Among my crates full of maybe a hundred old power supplies I found exactly one with the right voltage and connector albeit only 1,2 amps (the original is 2 amps), and voila it booted and was stable.

I ordered two new power supplies from here and all is well now.

Try replacing the power supply.

When you say you experience a crash, do you see a sad face?

no, just a black screen.

Same here with RPI4. No display output, no wifi. Happens randomly immediate after booting.

Sorry, responded to wrong post.

Since there’s no sad face, do you think it’s a faulty power supply? And can I order the same power supply again somewhere?

You can grab them here;

UK
EU
US
AUS/NZ

I’d reinstall OSMC first before looking at a new PSU.

Sam

I’ve been getting a few random crashes recently on my 4K+ - screen goes blank, can’t ssh to it, etc.

I end up having to pull the power and HDMI, wait a few secs then plug back in and it comes back. It’s unpredictable when it does it. But more often than not its when it’s switching resolutions to start or stop a video. But I’ve also had it happen just browsing the UI.

I ordered a spare PS a while ago, just in case the PS is on the way out. I’ve not swapped it yet.

It was actually the PSU. Getting the new one fixed everything for me.

1 Like

After a recent power outage my Vero 4K+ wouldn’t power on properly. It’d start booting but as it’d go to the Kodi screen, my TV displayed a HDMI signal not received screen. Did it over a few reboots. Swapped the power supply to a new one I ordered a while ago, and it came good.

Will be interesting to see if it solves the random crashes I was experiencing.