Raspberry Pi 3 - Wifi requires manual connect after reboot

Everytime R Pi3 is rebooted, it will not connect to the wireless AP automatically. I have no ethernet.

When I need to make wifi connection, I have to use a USB keyboard on every reboot.

Is it by design? or a bug?

It is not by design.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload some logs. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

1 Like

Someone recently experienced this problem and it was found to be a bad power supply. So worth checking this first

1 Like

Thank you. I’ll continue to troubleshoot and will provide you the logs as soon as possible.

Please find the logs here:
http://paste.osmc.io/owageweyos

I also found this:

• It only happens, when USB keyboard is attached at boot time.
  • When I removed the keyboard, and rebooted, Wifi is connected automatically.

This suggests the USB keyboard may be straining your power supply

Yes, it is very possible.

Is there anything in the debug log that would indicate power issues?

What is the output of the power supply you are using?

It says 4.8 A (max). It’s a 2-port charger. It looks like each port only handle 2.4 A max. And causes power issue on R Pi 3

A charger is not designed to provide a constant voltage but is more designed to provide a certain amount of power. Therefore a charger is not ideal to power a Pi and it’s peripheral.
Suggest to get an offical Pi powersupply like Raspberry Pi Power Supply 2.5A - OSMC

1 Like