Raspberry Pi 4 - weak performane of RetroPie on OSMC

Hi.

I have installed latest OSMC image on Raspberry Pi 4 and it works great.
Then I have installed latest RetroPie using this official method:
git clone --depth=1 GitHub - RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup: Shell script to set up a Raspberry Pi/Odroid/PC with RetroArch emulator and various cores
./retropie_setup.sh
etc…
It installed without errors, and I can run emulationstation, but it’s laggy and chopping - even in the menu.
The same version of RetroPie installed straight from RetroPie official Raspberry Pi4 image works very well - on the same hardware.
Both of the operating systems relay on Debian Buster.
What might be the difference causing such behaviour?
I’m guessing video drivers… In /boot/config.txt of OSMC there is rpivid-v4l2 in dtoverlay but on RetroPie there is vc4-fkms-v3d.
I’ve tried to modify this on OSMC and restart, but it didn’t work…
There is one thing I’ve noticed - this line right before EmulationStation starts:
“Couldn’t get V3D IDENT0: No such device” but emulationstation starts anyway…

Anyone has any ideas?
Can I have both - new OSMC and RetroPie running flawlessly on the same system?

Best regards and thanks for all Your work.
sulti

Did you ever get anywhere with this? I am having the exact same issue. I get around 2fps when using EmulationStation, which makes it practically unusable. I managed to get into a game however, and the libretro emulator itself ran fine.

I even compiled my own EmulationStation from source, with the build flags suggested on their github page for Raspberry Pi 4, but it made no difference at all.

Would love to resolve this somehow, this is the last thing not working as well after upgrading from an RPi3 B+… And rebooting/swapping SD cards to get into a functioning RetroPie setup feels like a huge step backwards