Raspberry Pi/KODI is freezing during movie play

Yes…only the cache setting…I haven’t done the fstab based NFS share mounts yet…no speed test with iperf3 because the NAS is a asustor 4004t and has a proprietary OS on it…its not windows or linux and I wouldn’t know which version to download for the Asustor NAS or even run it. The cat 8 cables I got off of Amazon…I did not make them myself. I did put iperf3 on the PI though but did not run it since a copy needs to be ran on the NAS. Thanks for your help!

Well as I wrote before you could start with a iperf3 test between the Pi and your PC.
Also when you configured kernel based mounts (fstab or autofs) you can do further checks on how constant your transfer speeds are.

Also you could check on the Pi with ethtool what is negotiated with the switch.

If all the cables are prefabs that are in the same room you will probably be better served by trying other options before suspecting a cable issue. More often than not someone mentioning what cables they are using is synonymous with running cables through walls and terminating themselves which is a bit error prone even when you know what your doing.