Raspberry pi TV Hat

Does the new Raspberry TV Hat have a dual tuner?

No — but you can play / record channels in the same mux

I want to record 2 TV channels at the same time or watch a TV program and record other one.

This is only possible if they are on the same mux or you have two tuners, i.e. 2x this

The alternative is to buy a dual tuner usb stick, isn’t it?

You are unlikely to find such a device.

I have found someone with dual tuner here.

And in this article, the author uses a PCTV TripleStick (292e) that has dual tuner.

I think that it is possible that it works.

I have the PCTV TripleStick 292e, and I find it’s not recognised by the Vero (have not tried an OSMC Pi, I know it works with an LE Pi). I can’t comment on whether it has dual tuner support, nothing I saw on the box indicates that. I could try to dig out an LE Pi to check but it could be a while, though my hopes would not be high.

One thing to bear in mind with the 292e: it has the world’s most useless aerial connector - an adaptor is supplied for connecting a full-size co-ax aerial plug, but even a stern glance at the adaptor will make it fall out of the 292e. For this reason I switched to a MyGica stick which has a full-size connector.

I would like to buy a dual tuner stick for my OSMC RPi but finally I may buy 2 tuner sticks as @sam_nazarko told me.

Thank you @ac16161

I have a raspberry pi 3 b+ with a tvhat (1 tuner). Now to get 2 tuners I assume I can just buy one of the USB tuners discussed here? Would that work?

Thanks in advance.

You can use them together, if that’s what you mean.

Yes, that’s exactly what I mean.

Thanks for your help. I’m trying to replicate a commercial DVR freeview (Humax) unit’s ability to record 2 channels at the same time from different muxes. Using 2 tuners is the way to go!