Raspberry Touchscreen problems

Hi.
I have attached a Rapsberry Pi Touchscreen to a Pi B+, which has a screen surround/ stand fitted and have come across a couple of problems I can’t seem to sort out:

One: Because of the need to align the boards so that the power socket is at the top, I have had to get the screen to rotate through 180 degrees, so it isn’t upside down.

Whilst I can use Sybu remote OK, touch controls and mouse pointer are still appearing to interact with the screen as if it was in the non-rotated position (so, for example, if I touch the screen 1" in from the lower left hand corner, the mouse pointer will appear 1" in from the upper right-hand corner). This is the case whether I use the touch screen or the mouse.

Two: I get an error message saying that the CEC adapter can’t be initialised (although the screen seems to work OK apart from the issues above).

I’ve searched through the various settings but am unable to see anything that would resolve the above issues.

Can anyone help, please?

Thanks,
Graham

Add “lcd_rotate=2” to config.txt to rotate the screen (and touchscreen) by 180 degrees.

Thanks for the suggestion, popcornmix.

Whilst I can highlight “New Entry”, nothing happens when I click on it (by whatever means). As far as I know, I am a Master User (I assume that’s the same as Root), so can’t add the line at the moment.

Oddly, after a reboot, the mouse pointer seems OK, location-wise - it’s just the touchscreen that’s 180 degrees out.

gmp57

The CEC error will be because there is no CEC (or IR remote receiver in the scene.
For the rotation issue - make sure that you remove whatever elapse you did to only have the lcd_remote setting.

Not having a CEC capable device connected will not cause a CEC error popup during startup.

An error is most likely a result of a mismatch of Kodi and libcec version and if this is the case it will be due to a partially failed update.

We would need to see full logs to confirm this or identify the cause of the problem.

I can repeat the CEC error - and can stop it by disabling CEC peripheral.

edited log extract

Starting Kodi (15.2-RC2). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit
Using Release Kodi x32 build (version for Raspberry Pi)
Kodi compiled Sep 28 2015 by GCC 4.9.2 for Linux ARM 32-bit version 3.16.7 (200711)
Running on Open Source Media Center 2015.09-2, kernel: Linux ARM 32-bit version 4.2.1-1-osmc
Host CPU: ARMv6-compatible processor rev 7 (v6l), 1 core available
Register - new cec device registered on cec->RPI: CEC Adapter (2708:1001)
Thread CECAdapter start, auto delete: false
CecLogMessage - RegisterLogicalAddress - vc_cec_set_logical_address(E) returned invalid arg (8)
CecLogMessage - Open - vc_cec could not be initialised
CecLogMessage - could not open a connection (try 1)
ls -l /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libcec*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      13 Jan  1  1970 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libcec.so -> libcec.so.3.0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      15 Jan  1  1970 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libcec.so.3.0 -> libcec.so.3.0.0
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1257324 Jul 22 09:39 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libcec.so.3.0.0

You’re talking about log errors.

The original poster is reporting that they are getting a popup notification saying the CEC adaptor can’t be initialised. This is not normal whether or not there is a CEC device attached.

Seeing CEC errors in a debug log with no CEC device attached - that’s completely different.

The original poster needs to provide debug logs so we can check the versions of Kodi and libcec match.

I’m happy to submit the log but it runs to 96 pages. I assume an extract is sufficient but which parts of the logfile contain the necessary information, please? (I can’t see how I can attach the log, anyway). I assume the file is the one called uploadlog.txt.

Thanks.

PS Further to my original post, I now have the screen correctly displayed - thanks for the suggestions.

Can you please follow these steps?

1. Enable debugging.
  2. Reboot twice, this will clear your enormous 96 page logs.
  3. Use the log uploader in MyOSMC to upload all logs and then provide the resulting URL here.

OK, here it is:

http://paste.osmc.io/etixumaxoy

BTW, not sure if it’s in any way related but wireless network device works most, but not all of the time - I had it connect an ethernet cable to upload the file.

Allied to my last post, the keyboard/ mouse seem to work intermittently - I am assuming it’s something to do with the USB ports more generally.

I do get a pop-up (bottom right).

@sam_nazarko
“lcd_rotate=2” is necessary for the official Raspberry Pi 7" Display because of the position of the power/HDMI/line-out sockets on the RPi B+/2B/3. In origin rotation the plugs are positioned downwards. Because of the big plugs and stiff cables the display overturns.

Please add an option in “Pi Config” to enable “lcd_rotate=2”. :wink:

You can already set this via My OSMC → Pi Config, where you can enter custom settings.

I searched for half an hour to find this thread with the correct option syntax. Please add a simple button to allow any newbie to turn the display. Or ask in the setup for the display rotation. :wink:

This would require code to detect whether a display is attached.

Then you would need the user to connect the display before they ever install OSMC so the option is displayed in Setup.

It’s quite simple to add this option, so I’m happy to accept a PR for this to My OSMC, but as My OSMC is now primarily in a maintenance only mode until My OSMC 2.0, I won’t add this myself.

Sam

I have got the screen to rotate 180 degrees but now none of my touch screen buttons respond to my touch any ideas