After I updated my Raspi 2 B around August 23rd, I am not longer able to FF / Skip time some “SD” movies.
- While the sound is coming clearly and seem to be of right time stamp after each jump or after returning to normal play, the picture is allways freezed at 00:00:30.
- my wife makes my life hell, for the same reason
This issue sounds a bit like “Vero Freeze” forum topic, but I’m uncertain, if it is the same, because:
- Before updating OSMC, FF/Skip worked well with previous OSMC.
- same “SD” movies on my two other Pi 1B devices can FF/FB/Skip, all doing well (KODI-Raspbmc)
- with some “HD” movies of different video type, it still works, also with recent OSMC !?
Note: what I name “previous OSMC” is “OSMC_TGT_rbp2_20150628.img.gz”, which was installed by “osmc-installer_20150705.exe”.
what I name “recent OSMC” or “August Update”, is what I got via apt-get … dist-upgrade and via “myOSMC: download and install update automatically” on August 23rd 2015 (before 23rd, I had disabled automatic install).
(Please lead me to the places, where I can find the recent configuration identifier. I only know ssh + uname -a so far)
Some more facts on what I did:
- The “SD” Videos have been recorded by TVHeadend from German DVB-T
- The Remote is CEC
Crosscheck #1 (other Raspi devices):
With an older release and older hardware, the same movie files are working well. In detail, it is Raspi 2B and Raspi 2B+, both running KODI from around Easter 2015 under Raspbmc from around Easter 2015.
I used the identical SMB/CIFS share with identical user credentials of identical Linux-Server to eleminate side effects (14.04-LTS, running TVHeadend and CIFS server).
Crosscheck #2 (other video material with all 3 raspi Devices):
I downloaded “HD” material of same TV broadcasting station (via “Mediathekview” linux desktop application). It does FF/FB/skip well on all my raspis, including the OSMC/Raspi2. But aside of the higher resolution, these movies are of a complete different video file format and encoding, I guess.
My Setup was “all default” + then changed to:
- changed Skin to Confluence, since it’s selection marker/highlighting is more readable to bad eyes.
- Samba-Shares to Xubuntu 14.04 LTS CIFS server in the same network (GB Ethernet wired)
- TVHeadend plugin to a remote TVHeadend server in the same network (GB Ethernet wired)
- sound allways via HDMI, passthrough.
- I inserted a Ligawo HDMI/Toslink splitter for the amplifier (as used with all other Raspis)
- I added a Samsung TV (as used with all other Raspis, but each has a different generation of Samsung TV)
- changed myOSMC: download and install update automatically on 23rd August
I Hope in a first step, you can give me orders how and what files I have to collect and upload (version information, setup and logs, video file format dump, …?).
I’m not a complete noob, but a medium experienced Debian user since 5 years, and still kind of a XBMC/KODI/OSMC newbie
Thank you in advance