Rbp-bootloader-osmc_2.9.0-1_armhf.deb - No able to update

Hi there,

I have a Raspberry PI 3 with OSMC Kodi. However I am not able to update to the last version (April).

I have ran the command “sudo apt-get dist-upgrade”, in order have more details of what is going on. This was the result:

Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
Calculating upgrade… Done
The following packages will be upgraded:
rbp-bootloader-osmc
1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B/1808 kB of archives.
After this operation, 3072 B of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
(Reading database … 43582 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack …/rbp-bootloader-osmc_2.9.0-1_armhf.deb …
/boot is not mounted!
dpkg: warning: subprocess old pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
dpkg: trying script from the new package instead …
/boot is not mounted!
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/rbp-bootloader-osmc_2.9.0-1_armhf.deb (–unpack):
subprocess new pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/rbp-bootloader-osmc_2.9.0-1_armhf.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Maybe I have modified something, since I have installed on the same Raspberry a printer, a scanner server and a Plex Server.

I believe that the problem is that /boot is not mounted, correct? Could somebody let me know hot to fix the problem, since I am not so familiar with Debian.

Cheers,

Trukero

Well strange enough you have a similar issue than some one else.

Correct, need to find out why it is not mounted.
Can you either post the output of grab-logs -A or alternatively cat /etc/fstab | paste-log

Thanks for the quick reply.

Please see below the log, using the command “cat /etc/fstab | paste-log”

#/dev/mmcblk0p1  /boot    vfat     defaults,noatime,noauto,x-systemd.automount    0   0
# rootfs is not mounted in fstab as we do it via initramfs. Uncomment for remount (slower boot)
#/dev/mmcblk0p2  /    ext4      defaults,noatime    0   0
//192.168.0.164/WDTVLiveHub /home/osmc/DRIVE cifs guest,x-systemd.automount 0 0

Cheers,

Trukero

Ok you are in the same bad situation as this fellow

1. Do you have any idea how/why you have commented out the /boot partition?
  2. Do you by any chance have a image based backup that you could replay?

If you don’t have a backup the process to get you up and running would include to figure out which packages got updated on the wrong partition?

Do you have any idea how/why you have commented out the /boot partition? No Idea.
Do you by any chance have a image based backup that you could replay? I’ve just installed the OSMC new.

I think you’ll plan to reconfigure the system the same; could you please recheck /etc/fstab after each installation and see whether the /boot mount point is commented out then?

OK, I did once again a fresh installation of OSMC and I ran again the command cat /etc/fstab | paste-log, below is the log again.

/dev/mmcblk0p1  /boot    vfat     defaults,noatime,noauto,x-systemd.automount    0   0
# rootfs is not mounted in fstab as we do it via initramfs. Uncomment for remount (slower boot)
#/dev/mmcblk0p2  /    ext4      defaults,noatime    0   0

Comments?

First I edited your post to use the “preformatted Text” option “</>” to ensure it is readable.

Other comments is that this is the correct fstab. So question remains what addon or program might have caused the broken version you had. So therefore when installing new stuff maybe from time to time check the fstab file if it is still identical to above