Reboot loop

Hi, I was listening to music when all of a sudden I had the frowny face and then the Vero 4k went into a reboot loop. I can’t get a debug log because it never gets to the home screen.

I believe it’s a power supply issue so is there a recommended power supply I can try purchasing?

Thanks

Did you try connecting by SSH to obtain a debug log? There’s a dozen other things that could cause this, that would be far more likely than a PSU issue, that logs could indicate.

I think it’s a power supply problem because I found a similar power unit and it powers up with that one.

So I could still try and run a debug log but it seems to be the psu.

Is there one I can purchase that is recommended by OSMC? As I’m wary of using random psu with a device it wasnt designed to power. Thanks.

Can you show a photo of the alternative PSU that you are using?
Any peripherals, such as a USB hard drive attached?

Can you see this pic? It’s an old psu for a now TV thing. 100-240v

I have a USB gigabit ethernet converter plugged into the vero. No drives. Been working fine for ages.

It’s 5V output, so should work.
We can send you a new PSU

1 Like

That would be great thanks. Top notch aftersales as usual. You want a DM?

Yes — or if your address is still the same just the order number here will do.

Nice. Thanks. It should be - Order #14567

While you’re here - just a quick one - is the next update going to fix some lip sync issues? I have various audio offsets required depending on file type. Thanks

Yes it is. If you know how to use SSH, then you can test it now.

To test this update:

1. Login via the command line
  2. Edit the file /etc/apt/sources.list
  3. Add the following line: deb http://apt.osmc.tv stretch-devel main
  4. Run the following commands to update: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && reboot
  5. Your system should have have received the update.

Please see if the issue is resolved.

I also recommend you edit /etc/apt/sources.list again and remove the line that you added after updating. This will return you to the normal update channel.

Happy to report the new update has seemingly fixed all audio sync issues for me. Great job. Thanks.