Record audio?

Hi Folks,

just wondering if it would be possible for me to record audio from my Vinyl player.
Currently, when I record sime of my Vinyl albums, I have to move over all computer stuff etc.
However, IMHO the Vero 4k should be largely capable of recording the audio.
Only, how?

Vero 4k is connected to my AV Receiver through HDMI, while my Vinyl player is connected using Analog Audio.
Is it possible to send data from Audio Analog to HDMI on a Receiver to make the recording?

Any thoughts?
Thx

I don’t think there is any arc functionality in the vero.
You can hook up an usb soundcard with a line in and record from that with arecord.
There is no editing software though.

Well I doubt that, but your reviever manual could tell you. But your next problem will be that I assume HDMI on Vero only being a source and not a sink.

It was just to record a flac or so.
My Vinyl player has a USB Out stuff. But that one only samples at 44Khz with audio going to max 20Khz, hence I don’t use it.
Audio-Out goes way higher, around 40Khz and has way more information. Reason I tend to actually hook my Mac Mini running Linux onto it, using my Master-Out on the Receiver.
Would be so much easier to just tell the Vero: Record this stream :slight_smile:

Yes. that is what I think happens actually… :frowning:

There’s no HDMI in support

:frowning: Thx … So I’ll get my old Equipment out again :}

As said, just use a decent usb sounscard with line in and an analog output of your receiver.

Alternatively a usb soundcard with optical in and the optical out of your receiver for a digital connection.