Recording to memory stick osmc tvheadend raspberry pi 3

Hey guys, major help needed:)

so i set up tvheadend on osmc on raspberry pi 3 and the channels I added work perfectly (they are itpv channels, excellentiptv.com, but that shouldnt make any difference), but I don’t know how to configure the recording part of tvheadend! I have a 64gb usb stick that i want to use for my recordings, how do i mount it on my raspberry pi, get the file path and enter it/set it up in tvheadend control panel? please help quickly ahha.

from Harry

Plug it in and it should be mounted at /media automatically.
You can then point TVHeadend to this path. Provided you don’t change the label, the mountpoint will be consistent; but it’s probably worth mounting via /etc/fstab instead.

i’m sorry but would you know what comes after /media in the file path? and if you don’t how can I find out myself the specific file path for the USB stick

thankss

and what do you mean mounting via /etc/fstab I have no idea what that is😂 It’ll probably be best for me to just mount the normal ish way!

Here is a cheatsheet and some tutorials for how to navigate in a Linux shell: Cheatsheets and Tutorials for users new to Linux based operating systems

ooo okay but how do I access the command line in osmc??

Details regarding how to access the command line interface can be found here on our Wiki: Accessing the command line - General - OSMC

i’m sorry but would you know what comes after /media in the file path? and if you don’t how can I find out myself the specific file path for the USB stick

thankss

and what do you mean mounting via /etc/fstab I have no idea what that is​:joy: It’ll probably be best for me to just mount the normal ish way!

thanks

The only directory there will be one for each USB HDD you have connected. Otherwise, only a README file will be present there.

so what will the final path of the USB stick be? just /media ??:slight_smile:

I have no idea… Depends on how your USB stick is labeled or it might be listed by it’s PARTUUID designation. The links I’ve provided will lead you to the answers.

ok well thanks

Follow the links posted in this thread about getting access to a command line and then type:

cd /media
ls -al

If you only have one drive listed then you will see only two entries one called README and one called something else. Whatever the other one is called - that is your drive.

The full path to your drive will be /media/WhatEverYouSawInTheList