Red light...of doom?

Hi all!

So, I have a red light on the front of my Vero 4k…normally its nice and blue…it won’t boot up nor can I ssh into it…it has the original power cord.

What do you suggest please?

Thanks,

M

Hi,

Sounds like the PSU has failed, details for ordering a replacements can be found here:

You can test to confirm with a USB A to A cable or a USB powered hub, preferable the one provided in the store.

Thanks Tom.

1 Like

The chances of this helping are not high, but if you unplug the HDMI cable, then switch off and back on again at the mains, does it then boot successfully? (If the red LED goes out, meaning it’s booting, you can then plug HDMI back in).

I guess we should also ask: do you have any external drives plugged in, and, if so, how are they powered?

OK…I have tried the USB powered method…and it works! So a new plug it is then…
Now, here’s the big question…I live in France and since Brexit I have always paid alot more in customs duty/taxes on all things from the UK…can you confirm what my total cost would be please? If you are unsure, is there a generic one in Europe that will do…hope you understand.

Thank you,

Michael

Well, it has to fit the specification: DC 5V, min. 2A, center positive, coaxial power connector male with OD 5.5mm and ID 2.1mm.
Don’t use charger since they often don’t offer a stabilized voltage.

Thanks, but I have pressed the big green button and bought the plug from here and will just have to suck it up if I end up paying more…can’t be without my Vero 4K!

M

2 Likes

Just had to pay 40% more in tax and customs for my plug. Its not going to break the bank on this transaction…but just saying it might be a deal breaker on those who are thinking of buying a new Vero 4k from within Europe…

Cheers,

M