Regular freezing on video playback

Since last update, any video playing from my hard disk (720, HD, 4K …) freezes for a fraction of second around every 15 sec. and are not able to remove it. All connections are brand new (HDMI 2.0, USB 3.1 …). Any help? Thanks

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

1 Like

Debugging log uploaded.

Under Settings -> Playback, try disable Accelerate MPEG2.
I’m guessing that the show you are watching (AVI) is an old TV recording and has some issues with the container.

Sam

Thank Sam. MPEG 2 disabled; tried the sample I logged. Continues freezing; periode is pretty much the same but freezing is shorter. If not possible to solve, I can go along with this kind of videos.

Can you send me a link to the video?

Sam

Is in my hard disk …

Try change HW acceleration to HD and up.

Sam

Thanks Sam, it works. Should I leave this settings for all video playback? Thank you again sincerely for your outstanding professionality.

It won’t hurt – the files are XVID, so probably have wild PTS values and are confusing the hardware decoder.