Reinstallation OSMC 2017.02-2, no DTS passthrough (solved)

Hi,

this is just for those who re-installed the Vero2 with OSMC 2017.02-02 and now are missing the “DTS passthrough” capability.

third-ranking problem: After the re-installation DTS passthrough won’t work although “Allow Passthrough” is activated in System > Settings → Audio

second-ranking problem: In System->Settings->Audio the “DTS capable receiver” flag is deactivated by default and is invisible in the standard view mode of the new OSMC skin

main problem: The new OSMC skin is lacking the standard-advanced-expert view toggle

Solution:
You have to switch the OSMC view to expert mode, this can be done using the skin Estuary

1. System->Settings->Interface->Skin choose Estuary and confirm
  2. in the left bottom corner switch the view mode from Standard to Expert
  3. In Settings / Interface switch back to OSMC skin
  4. Now the DTS capable receiver is visible and can be activated

Audio menu in standard view mode after Vero2 re-installation

Vero2 Audio menu in expert view mode

It’s not missing, it’s just not obvious where it is.

On the Settings: System page (or any other settings page) press left and a blue side bar will appear that includes the standard/advanced/expert view setting.

Caught me out too when I couldn’t find it.

Oh my god, really, being in one of the Settings sub menus (except Profiles, System Info, add-on browser and File manger) and pressing the left key provides a way to change the settings level.
That knowledge could have save some of my time and prevent me to write this silly post.
But why you hide this important function … it has really a flavor of let search on the ‘dark side of the moon’ or look for Easter eggs.

With OSMC 2017.03-1 the user settings level is meanwhile visible again in the most settings menus, thank you!