Remote dongle DOA?

So I’ve have a couple Vero 4k units in service since before Christmas and purchased two more a month or so after that but have not yet gotten the new ones up and running yet. However I noted the newer ones have the updated remotes with volume keys and I thought I would put one in service on one of the existing systems.

Pairing seems impossible. Holding the Home and OK for 5+ seconds sets the blue light on the remote on steady, not flashing (USB dongle NOT inserted) like the instructions indicate. But it does flash three times a second or two after I insert the USB dongle. In any case the remote won’t work no matter what I try. So I grabbed the new remote out of the other unused system and it worked immediately without needing to be paired.

In fact both remotes work as expected with the second new dongle. But neither (new) remote will work with the older dongle, at least, not entirely - some keys work, others don’t.

So I assume that newer style remotes only work with the newer dongles and older remotes with older dongles…

Can I get a replacement newer style USB dongle?

Cheers,
Robert

It’s not a good idea to mix and match dongles. Try completely disconnecting the dongle of the other one when you pair to make sure they are not conflicting.

Sam

The “mix and match” aspect was curiosity after I determined that the one newer style USB dongle does not work. All of the various tests were done with no other USB dongle in play.

Cheers,
Robert

Can you upload a log via My OSMC with the defective dongle attached?

Sam

Honestly, I would rather just purchase another dongle. If I have to spend another second shoulder-deep in my audio stand to swap out a known working dongle for a known bad one… well, I had an hour of that already and I didn’t care for it… Lol…

RLW

If you email support@osmc.tv we can arrange for a replacement for you.