Remote key stuck?

Hello,

My remote stopped working : every time I hit a key, it seems like it is repeated non stop.

System is up to date, changed the remote’s battery, rebooted, unplugged/plugged usb receiver back. I’m running a Vero4k.

Anyone also had this issue ? Any help would be appreciated…

Regards,

David

Hi,

Try giving it a light shake in case there’s some dust or debris obstructing the button. If a button is stuck – you may see the blue LED is on solidly. Is this the case?

Does it happen with all keys or just one key?

Sam

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

It happens with all the keys, I’m pretty sure there’s nothing stuck. I’ll check to see if the blue light stays on and report back.

Regards,

David

Ok so nothing is stuck as when i hit a key the blue LED is NOT on solidly. It switches on, then off, and the key is repeated non stop.

Any clue ?

Regards,

David

Try re-pairing by holding Home and OK for a few seconds.
Try putting the receiver in the other USB port.

Tried this already, didn’t change anything…

Also, I have tried connecting the dongle on a computer and could make the remote work. So I guess the issue comes from the Vero4k, not from the remote.

Having read that the remote uses the 2.4Ghz band and that this band is quite crowded, I decided to move the vero4k box to another place and see if I the issue persists. It did.

I tried again to use the remote on a PC and this time, I could reproduce the issue. Eventually I think the problem comes from the remote so I ended up ordering a new one.

I will report back when I get it and hopefully everything is fixed.

Best regards,

David

Can you let me know your order # (and older order # ) and post some logs via My OSMC?

I’d like to delay sending you any new remote until we can see if there’s an obvious cause for this which we can rectify, as well as assess your warranty status to avoid you incurring any extra costs

Cheers

Sam

Hi,

I’m sorry I’m a bit late :sweat_smile:

Order #15776 (March 7, 2018)
Order #34560 (December 29, 2021)

Order was sent but I forgot that now UK isn’t in the EU anymore and so I was asked to pay for custom fees. These fees are almost as much as the remote price so I haven’t paid them. Item will be sent back to you, could you please refund (possibly deducting shipping costs) ?

In the meantime, I will try to gather some logs.

Regards,

David

That’s fine.

We don’t produce dongles for the older model anymore, otherwise I would gladly send you one.

When the item is returned back to us it will be processed accordingly.