Remote resume from Vero standby

I have a use case where it would be helpful to be able to resume the Vero via the remote from the “power off” state initiated via the Kodi GUI, but not sure if there is a way to do it?

My old kitchen TV is mostly served by an nVidia Shield tube version which is located in a nearby server cupboard, there is a single HDMI cable from the cupboard to the wall where the TV is mounted. I have a passive HDMI switch and I’m looking to set up the Vero as an additional device in the cupboard (its Kodi performance is much better than the Shield).

When I connect both devices to the switch, the Shield has exactly the functionality I need: I can put it to sleep, and the connection switches over to the Vero. If I then put the Vero in standby, I can resume the Shield via its remote. However, I’m then stuck as a I don’t know if there is a remote-based way to restore the Vero even though it’s physically still powered.

Any suggestions as to how best to manage this situation? Thanks.

When you put the Vero in Standby (not shutdown) it will wake up by either key press on it’s own remote or CEC remote.

1 Like

You can configure the screensaver to go into sleep and that shuts off the HDMI output which gives you what you want doesn’t it? If so you could keymap and/or custom menu option the “ActivateScreensaver” action to kick this on at will.

thanks for the suggestions. None of those is resulting in the desired behaviour but worth a shot. The Shield is very popular with the family due to its official apps for Netflix etc, but Kodi has become unreliable at some point in maintaining a constant 50 Hz frame output on my PVR files, even though all the settings match those of my Vero and Pi boxes. And it’s been a very long time since there was an OS update for the Shield. I’ll ponder this and see if I can come up with a more robust switching solution or alternative to the Shield.