Resolution and refresh rate

Sorry if I have missed this amongst the other questions, but what are the settings so that every video is output at the original resolution and refresh rate?

I have tried a few things but it always seams to output everything at 4K and 24hz.

Thanks

Make sure your GUI is set to 1080p, not 4K.
We will then adjust to 4K resolution only when necessary. In Kodi v18, it’s also possible to output at native frame rate for 720p etc.

Sam

Sam, thanks, however I do have it at 1080p and it still outputs 1080 at 4k.

What settings do I need?

That doesn’t sound right.
Please upload a log so we can verify this.

Sorry, I have no idea how to send logs

Right…I think I have identified the issue. Any films with a refesh rate of 50hz will play in the correct resolution, however every film that is 24hz, no matter what the native resolution is, will play in 4K.

Hi,

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Tom

Thanks,.I have done what you said.

The url is

https://paste.osmc.tv/lemahataru

Hi,

I’m seeing the vero4 adjusting the resolution and refresh rate as expected, for example:

Display resolution ADJUST : 1920x1080 @ 23.98 - Full Screen (28) (weight: 0.000)

Which would suggest the issue is not with the vero. I would try different hdmi cable and check your TV for some weird setting, which maybe trying to force all output to 4k.

Thanks Tom.

Tom, if that was the case, why does it output 1080p content at 50hz normally?

Hi,

I don’t know the answer to that. All I can say is that according to the log, when videos are opened; the Resolution and refresh rate are being updated as expected.

Thanks Tom.

I got it, it was my Sony AV receiver. For some reason it was upscaling at 24hz but not at 50hz.

Sorted now thanks

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying.
Can you let us know the model of the Sony receiver?

It may help others.

Sam

Its the STR‑DN1080. Under HDMI options there is the 4K upscaling option which by default is on.