Resolution change?

Are you certain you have “Auto Format” disabled for that input that the V4K is connected to?

Well the options available seems really a bit limited. But as @ActionA check if Auto Fornat is disabled. Page 13 seems to be the only zoom reference.

Sure, let me check that later when I am home. There is no setting per input though, only global.

FWIW, I no longer see the bootup sequence as I did on my Pi. The TV reports an invalid frequency. Presumably does the Vero select an incompatible video mode when booting.

@ActionA, I tried both, does not matter. It still selects “Wide”. Oddly only the PVR pullout is affected. The power menu does fit on -screen.

Incidenatlly was there an update today, whilst updating the screen was blank (wrong signal frequency) which is something of a pain as you have no clue as to what is going on.

Two questions:

Was support for 1280x768 and 1360x768 ever added?

Does OSMC support integer scaling?

Hi – the support for those two resolutions haven’t been added yet.

I assume you want to scale the GUI? Kodi’s scaler isn’t as good as most TV’s internal scaler.

There is another problem with the situation as it is now… There is no signal when booting and when upgrading, or rather my TV cannot display it.

Your TV is likely advertising a supported video mode that it cannot actually support. When Kodi loads, it then switches to the mode you picked in Kodi.

Setting disp_mode manually would confirm that.

Sure, but I would rather have it the way it was before when I had the Raspberry. Ie being able to set the mode the TV supports. You might remember that I have been whining about this since I got the Vero.

You can set a different resolution (of the supported resolutions)
I’m just asking if we can confirm first.

Both the GUI and video. I absolutely hate bilinear and trilinear scaling and would love to be able to scale 1280x720 to a 4k panel using integer scaling mode.

How can I track whether it is added? My Sony LCD only supports 1280x768 and 1360x768 using the D-Sub port so until these are added I cannot place an order.

I’m not aware of a TV that only supports these two resolutions.
If we add more resolutions, it will be announced on the blog.

Vero 4K only offers HDMI and CVBS out.

Sorry, The thread where we discussed this originally is here(Monitor resolution wrongly recognised - #18 by hbbs), but my VT supports:
1360x768x60
1280x768x60
1024x768x60
800x768x60

Over HDMI. With the Raspberry I had 1360x768 and It would select a visible resolution when booting and updating.

s[quote=“sam_nazarko, post:32, topic:36879”]
I’m not aware of a TV that only supports these two resolution
[/quote]

That’s why I’m telling you. I have these three:

I am aware of this. I have a HDMI to VGA converter to take care of it.

Seems odd that these resolutions were removed for no clear reason other than ‘someone told us to’.

@strayan im sure @sam_nazarko had a good reason for removing em in the past else he wouldnt have done it, it might be good of you to actually have some respect cause Sam has more pressing matters when just some resolution issues for old tvs…

so off comments like that is just bad attitude…

I assumed he would which is why I asked how I could track when it was added.

Huh?

Sam already explained earlier that it was based on a recommendation from the SOC vendor and that he was going to put them back in a future release. Frankly can I not see any reason to remove features. Ie the ability to set resolution the same way as on the Pi.

1 Like

I’m looking in to this now.

2 Likes

Great. This is not a very big issue for me, but two minor ones: a) the inability to see anything when booting aand updating could lead to issuews in the future. b) at 1280 the UI scales wrong so that all pullout menus and half off screen. Thatis the issue that annoys wife and daughter :slight_smile:

Hi

I’ve now added support for 1360x768, but it needs testing. This is a kernel only patch, and we may need to make some changes to Kodi to get it to work as well. But it should show up in disp_cap now.

I’d appreciate it if you could test this and provide feedback before we release this as an update to other users. To test this update:

1. Login via the command line
  2. Edit the file /etc/apt/sources.list
  3. Add the following line: deb http://apt.osmc.tv jessie-devel main
  4. Run the following commands to update: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && reboot
  5. Your system should have have received the update.

Please see if the issue is resolved.

I also recommend you edit /etc/apt/sources.list again and remove the line that you added after updating. This will return you to the normal update channel.

Sam