Retrosmc with C64

hi all,

I posted this one recently in retropie forum, hoping someone here has ideas.

got osmc/retropie up and running for awhile now by following: [HowTo] RetroPie and OSMC: Retrosmc - Retrogaming on OSMC. No issues.

decided to configure mame and zxspectrum. no issues with ps3 controller or config with roms.

recently, tried to build C64 from retropie_setup.sh ; havent tried to further diagnose the error I’m getting by trying to build from retropie_packages.sh (143/vice)

Error I’m getting is:
/home/osmc/RetroPie-Setup/tmp/build/vice/src/x64 not found.

As this is arm processor why are we concerned about x64 build? Do I need to use retropie-packages.sh and apply some options?

Details of pi:
osmc@osmc:~/RetroPie-Setup$ dmesg|head -10
<>
[ 0.000000] Linux version 4.4.16-6-osmc (root@vero2a) (gcc version 4.9.2 (Raspbian 4.9.2-10) ) #1 PREEMPT Sun Oct 2 14:55:02 UTC 2016
[ 0.000000] CPU: ARMv6-compatible processor [410fb767] revision 7 (ARMv7), cr=00c5387d
[ 0.000000] CPU: PIPT / VIPT nonaliasing data cache, VIPT nonaliasing instruction cache
[ 0.000000] Machine model: Raspberry Pi Model B Rev 2
<>

Appreciate any thoughts and of course time taken to read this.

Cheers,
Nacro.

The x64 is the Commodore 64 emulator - it has nothing to do with a 64 bit intel binary.

http://vice-emu.sourceforge.net/vice_3.html

The names of the available emulators are:d
vsid, the SID player
x64, the fast C64 emulator
x64sc, the accurate C64 emulator
x64dtv, the C64DTV emulator
x128, the C128 emulator
xvic, the VIC20 emulator
xpet, the PET emulator
xplus4, the PLUS4 emulator
xcbm2, the CBM-II emulator (CRTC models)
xcbm5x0, the CBM-II emulator (VIC-II models)

Hi, thanks for the response.
Ok, so this has nothing to do with the error I’m receiving; any clues as to why I’m getting it when I’ve chosen to install C64 (vice/143) ??

You should try to install the precompiled version instead of compiling it yourself.
Have a look into the package management of the retropie script.

thanks mcobit, didnt see the binary option earlier :wink:
looking good now, just need to try a rom out.
btw, the error I got during compile was out of memory, thought about playing with swap…then decided against it :smiley:

cheers.