Reviews of Vero 2?

I’m looking to pick up a new kodi box and I’m loving everything I’m reading about the Vero 2.

The only problem is that I can’t find any serious technical reviews of the box and I’d like some real world reassurances that it can deliver on all the specs (e.g. H.265 hardware decoding at 1080p).

So I’d love to hear from any current owners on how it’s been performing for you, or from anyone who knows of a good in-depth review. I have trolled through the Help/Vero 2 forum and seen a few issues people are experiencing (although with some impressive response times I have to say), but it’s probably not great to have that as my only source of input. :wink:

Hi

Vero 2 decodes HEVC in HW without issue. However, if you are intending to purchase this device on the premise of 10-bit playback, then it’s not the right device for you.

Thanks. It’s important to help our Vero users every step of the way, so that’s what we’re trying to do. As you say though, a forum isn’t a good measure of whether or not to buy a device. Statistically speaking, most users only come here when they have an issue. That’s fine, but it’s not a true reflection of how the device is faring up in the real world, especially given the numbers we have sold!

Don’t take my word from it, it’s not impartial. I’ll let some other users give you their opinion of the device. If you have any questions let me know.

Sam

Hi
I switch to vero from CUBox I (open elec) since 2 weeks.
What I can tell you
I can record 1 -4 films from french TNT TV (with TVHeadend and HD Homerun), and can see in the same time HD records from Kodi with my TV.
Found (1280x720@60.000000) at 20, setting to RES_DESKTOP at 16.
I think nobody know what you really can do, nobody know your

• Network configuration
  • storage configuration
  • cabling choices HDMI, RJ45
  • TV
  • etc

Support I think it’s ok, don’t forget that osmc can’t test upstream all our user configurations. And can’t reproduce himself all our problems, …
Michael
PS: And you buy hardware for 99 £. Also…