Rollback latest Kodi update? Another bootloop

Nope, only thing connected is the power supply and HDMI cable.

In the meantime, doing a new install onto a spare SD card I have. Once the install has finished, do I just stop mediacenter, copy over .kodi and then start mediacenter?

I would just make sure kodi runs without issues first. If it works, then you can restore the original .kodi.save that you made and see what happens. (And yes if you do that, stop mediacenter, copy directory and start mediacenter)

1 Like

Replacement SD card seems to have fixed it. Installed the latest May update onto it, copied over my .kodi.save and now itā€™s back up and running.

The original SD card was 5 years and 4 months old looking at my invoice recordsā€¦ Iā€™d say it had a fairly decent life then! :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help.

Thatā€™s not bad for a SD card. I think I have a SanDisk about that age in one of my Pi2s. And I had a one time corruption with it. Next payday Iā€™m picking up a new card to replace it before it does totally fail.

The replacement died just over a month ago, so didnā€™t last as long as the one it replaced.

Hi,

The SD card might have been counterfeit if it failed so quickly

SD cards have a limited lifespan. I recommend you change SD card and suspect that issues will no longer persist with a good card. If you would like to be a good quality SD card purpose manufactured for OSMC, then you can find one in the Store.

Was purchased from 7dayshop.com in August 2019:
SanDisk Mobile Ultra Micro SD SDHC Memory Card UHS-1 A1 98MB/s with Full Size SD Card Adapter - 32GB WH2-SDSQUAR-032G-GN6IA

So just over 4 years, nearly as long as the one it replaced I guess which was just over 5. Has been replaced with a Transcend 32GB microSDHC 300S Memory Card with adapter, Class 10, U1, 95MB/s
Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L. - so should be genuine you would hope.