Rpi2 - it's again a good hardware at today ? Issue after November Update

Thanks for all the support on here. I had a problem with HD recordings in the UK. I disabled the HEVC acceleration and my HD recordings now play fine.

However the SD recordings from UK channels play squashed into 4:3 format. If I change the setting for 3:4 recordings to be stretched to 16:9 then those work OK.

The only problem I have now is that 4:3 recordings (the Snowman - it’s coming up to Xmas and the grandkids will enjoy it) it comes out stretched.

If you’re feeling brave, you could try enabling the whitelist. (Not certain that will help, but it might).

I wrote a guide about it: [HowTo] Guide to the Kodi whitelist function and related settings

Thanks - I had previously found your guide and found it very useful - good job - so I tried it.

In the bottom left corner of the screen when I have a particular item highlighted it says Mpeg2 and 576.

In whitelisting I can find 720x576p and that is what I’ve whitelisted, but it makes no difference.

Am I doing something wrong?

I may have been a bit premature here. I’ll follow your guide again.

There are a few other settings you need beside the whitelist itself - see my guide for details. I’m not promising this will help, mind you, but it might. :slight_smile:

Hi

I am unable to find the option “only allow accelleration for HEVC” the novmber OSMC release I am running on a rp3b.

Some videos are stocking in scenes with a lot of moving small details, for example large rain drops.
Can anyone send a screenshot?

regards

Josef

This option was removed from the release and no longer needs to be configured.

You won’t get HEVC acceleration on a Raspberry Pi 3 anymore with Kodi v19 unfortunately.

That is a clear answer, thanks a lot. So, if current OSMC Kodi 19.3 is stocking, I should stay with Kodi 18. :frowning: