RPi2 OSMC Settings Menu

I have been using an RPi with RaspBMC for over a year with great success and am excited to use the new RPi2 with OSMC, but my first attempt has ended in frustration. I can’t find the Settings menu and I fear OSMC isn’t sized correctly and leaving me with unseen buttons. The screens look properly sized but the mouse cursor scrolls all the way off the edges of the screen.

The other possibility is that I am missing something right under my nose. I can navigate to My OSMC and have successfully set up the network settings and I can ssh in from my laptop, but for the life of me I can’t find the Settings menu to change appearance, etc. Any guidance here would be greatly appreciated!

The Settings menu is still there.
You have to imagine the Kodi skinned with Confluence as turned so the items appear vertically, with the system almost at the bottom, and the power below.
Control with a mouse was something I found tricky - it is a lot easier with either keyboard or remote.
For me, having found the settings menu, I looked at skins under Appearance, and selected Confluence - this makes use of mouse easy.
Derek

Thanks Derek. I’ll grab a wired keyboard from work tomorrow and see if that helps. From what you describe, the Settings menu is off the screen below the Program menu? That makes sense if it’s essentially the Confluence layout flipped on it’s side. I’m guessing that I’ll be able to access it with the arrow buttons on the keyboard. I would be using the remote on my iPhone, but I need to adjust a few settings to do so. D’oh!

Thanks again.
-Dave

Yes Dave,
you’ve got it right.
You have to persuade it to scroll up - and that is one of the trickier operations with a mouse. Keyboard is easier.

Derek

Remember you can always switch skin back to Confluence or another skin of your choice. In other skins you’ll find OSMC settings under the same location you found Raspbmc settings - Addons -> Programs or Programs depending on Skin.

Also keep in mind that the OSMC skin is not designed for mouse use. If you need to use a mouse a different skin is recommended.

The iOS and Android apps should have no issue connecting to OSMC as it comes configured by default. If you were using port 80 before and now it doesn’t work, try 8080, or vice versa.