RPi3 Freezing

My Pi3 has been freezing up frequently, normally when I’m not using it. I am not able to ssh it and only a power reset is starting it up.
I have an external powered HD and canakit power supply on kit. Also running couchpotato, sickrage and transmission besides OSMC.

Recently I have format and reinstall my system hoping to solve the problem, but it didn’t work.

https://paste.osmc.tv/emelireton

Any help is really appreciated.
Tks

You have not enabled debug logging prior to the issue manifesting itself and your acquisition of logs. I see nothing in these logs that points to the problem but, without debug enabled, they are less than verbose. Enabling debug logging and capturing the issue again may provide some insight.

I believe I do have enabled the logging, not sure why it didn’t upload.
I have a kodi.old.log on /home/osmc/.kodi/temp folder. Can I upload the file here?

19:44:12.403 T:1925802496  NOTICE: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0.
19:44:12.403 T:1925802496  NOTICE: Log level changed to "LOG_LEVEL_NORMAL"

This is a clear indication otherwise.

It’s already included as the last entry in the log link you provided in the OP.

Please never upload logs to the forum. Always use paste.osmc.io or similar pastebin type method.

Tks. Got it set up on the System menu. When it freezes again I’ll post back.

Canakit PSUs have been known to cause problems in the past.

Your power supply probably isn’t up to scratch. You can learn more on our Wiki here: Frequently Asked Questions - Raspberry Pi - OSMC

@sam_nazarko tks for the reply. I’ll change the PSU but I haven’t seen any sign it’s not delivering enough power.

But your post reminded me of a hint… Usually when it freezes I see one of these icons on the top right hand corner of the screen:

even though having heatsinks installed. The pi3 case is usually hot.
My guess is that it’s freezing during some scheduled processing or scanning, something that consumes CPU but I can’t seem to find what it is…

Probably Sickrage unpacking files.

@sam_nazarko and @ActionA osmc froze today 4:45 am.

https://paste.osmc.tv/efifadiloh

IMG_1631

Did you reboot to upload the logs then? If so you likely need to enable persistent logging.

If not: then it sounds like OSMC remains responsive over SSH.

My guess is a bad PSU causing overheating.

@sam_nazarko how do I do that? Can t find that option under Settings:System:logging or on on My Osmc.
:slightly_frowning_face:

Need to be done on command line

All right, system crashed again…
I got these files in the /var/log/journal folder.

Which ones should I upload? And how? I can’t open them on text editor.

Tks