RPi3 or Vero 4K?

I am currently using an RPi3 (OSMC) that I use just for streaming movies from my Mac to the TV. However, for a year or so now I find that a movie will simply stop once or twice (doesn’t seem to be a buffering issue though) during playback. I’ve never been able to solve this despite various attempts.

Im now wondering if to buy the Vero 4K. Could anyone tell me that if there is any benefit using a Vero 4K over the RPi3 if I’m only going to use it for streaming.

Thanks

Posting logs could help us figure out what’s happening with your Pi. It’s impossible to say if a Vero 4K would help without know what the Pi has problems.

Thanks for the reply. I’ve got used to the freezing every couple of times during a movie so I’m not so concerned about that now. I just wondered if it was worth getting the Vero 4k for streaming especially as there is a bit of money off at the moment and I always find it difficult to resist a bargain!

The point is that this should not be happening, so without knowing why it’s happening it’s impossible to say if a 4K would help. I’m not trying to talk you out of a 4K, I just can’t tell you that it will fix your problem.

The answer is in the name. If you are going to stream 4k stuff, get a Vero

Thanks for your rapid response bmiiiham. Sorry, but what I’m meant to say was that if the 4K also stops the movie a couple of times as with the RPi3 then I can handle that. I was just wondering if there were any other benefits over the RPi3. Anyway, I have just read the blurb about the 4K and it looks like a useful machine so I might as well get one anyway. Thanks for taking the time to reply bmillham

You will like your 4K, and if you do have the same problem it’s important that you let us know so we can help you fix it! I’d still like to see if we can fix the problem with your Pi. Could you post a log the next time it happens?

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.