Sad face after playing tv show

I think I uploaded logs right here:

https://paste.osmc.tv/ijivijozay

Every time I try and play tv show on Vero 4k+ I get sad face. No problem with movies.

It appears to be skin related because it works fine on other skin.

I am using a modified version of Aeon Nox. Could someone please take a look and see if there is anything obvious going wrong?

The last line before Kodi crashed was an error from the skin and given that the error is not occurring with other skins I would say your suspicion is correct. Unfortunately this isn’t something that we can do anything about and your best bet is to look for an updated version of that skin and/or take the issue up with its developer.

Any idea where in the skin, like what xml file should I take a look at. I’m not a programmer but might be able to do trial and error replacing some files with a similar skin

This is outside of my wheel house but where it crashed your logs show…

2022-08-05 13:45:29.624 T:2701    DEBUG <general>: ------ Window Init (DialogVideoInfo.xml) ------
2022-08-05 13:45:29.624 T:2701     INFO <general>: Loading skin file: DialogVideoInfo.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
2022-08-05 13:45:29.650 T:2701  WARNING <general>: Skin has invalid include: MediaFlagValues

Looks like an include that’s being called is missing. Definitely something you’d want to notify the skin dev about, @DAlba :wink:

Thank you. I swapped the DialogVideoInfo file with some other Aeon Nox based skins and sure enough it works but of course the info window is all out of whack. Since it only happens for TV shows I tried deleting some lines of code related to tv to see if I could get DialogVideoInfo to load but depending on what I delete it either still crashes or doesn’t load window at all.

Unfortunately the developer is been MIA for a while now. I tried comparing the dialogvideoinfo files from ScopeNox, MyScopeNox, and Aeon Nox Silvo to see if I could uncover what’s wrong but I can’t figure it out.

I am just guessing that error could be related to episodes code below since that is unique to tv shows and the same window works fine for movies? Any recommendations on best practices to sniff out what exactly is causing error?

String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,tvshow) + !String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(NextAired.NextDate))
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(NextAired.NextDate)] - $INFO[Window(Home).Property(NextAired.NextNumber)] - $INFO[Window(Home).Property(NextAired.NextTitle)]
$LOCALIZE[31010]:

String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,tvshow) + !String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(NextAired.LatestDate)) + String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(NextAired.NextDate))
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(NextAired.LatestDate)] - $INFO[Window(Home).Property(NextAired.LatestNumber)] - $INFO[Window(Home).Property(NextAired.LatestTitle)]
$LOCALIZE[31011]:

String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,tvshow)
$INFO[ListItem.Premiered]
$LOCALIZE[20416]:

font_28
grey
[COLOR labelheader]$INFO[ListItem.Label2][/COLOR] $INFO[ListItem.Label]

font_28
grey
[COLOR labelheader]$INFO[ListItem.Label2][/COLOR] $INFO[ListItem.Label]

!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Premiered)
$INFO[ListItem.Premiered]
$LOCALIZE[31985]:

I personally wouldn’t have a clue as I’ve never done any skinning. I would suggest that a better place to pose the question would be over on the Kodi forums. As a general rule, most of the support here involves OS and platform specific troubleshooting. Although there are countless exceptions to that on this forum, when it comes to skinning, our support usually doesn’t extend much beyond issues involving the OSMC skin. On the Kodi forum you should find a larger group of people who are involved in that aspect of Kodi and I would suspect some people familiar with various versions of Aeon Nox.

I’d guess that the include that’s being called is simply not there. It would normally be located in one of the includes files of the skin. Only the dev of the skin would be able to really answer this or look into it.

Thank you everyone for the replies. I realize this is not an OSMC problem but appreciate every tidbit of info that has pointed me to right direction.

So far I have resolved the issue without any consequence (I think)
I deleted these lines below from the includes.xml file. Have no idea if this will cause issues with anything else

<!-- TV seasons -->	
			<include content="ExtendedInfoPanelSetup" condition="System.HasAddon(script.extendedinfo) + String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,tvshow) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,season) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,episode)">
				<param name="controlId" value="90016" />
				<param name="label2" value="$INFO[ListItem.Property(TotalEpisodes),, $LOCALIZE[20453]]" />
				<param name="overlayVisibility" value="false" />
				<param name="listVisible" value="Integer.IsGreater(ListItem.Property(TotalSeasons),0) + String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,tvshow)" />
				<param name="content" value="videodb://tvshows/titles/$INFO[ListItem.DBID]/" />
				<param name="height" value="$PARAM[height]" />
			</include>
			<!-- TV similar -->	
			<include content="ExtendedInfoPanelSetup" condition="System.HasAddon(script.extendedinfo) + String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,tvshow) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,season) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,episode)">
				<param name="controlId" value="90015" />
				<param name="label2" value="$INFO[ListItem.Year]" />
				<param name="listVisible" value="Integer.IsGreater(Container(90015).NumItems,0) | Container(90015).IsUpdating" />
				<param name="content" value="plugin://script.extendedinfo?info=similartvshows&amp;&amp;$VAR[SimilarShowsIDVar]" />
			</include>
			<!-- TV popular -->	
				<param name="controlId" value="90019" />
				<param name="listVisible" value="!String.IsEqual(Window(Home).Property(PopularTVShows.Count),0)" />
				<param name="content" value="plugin://script.extendedinfo?info=populartvshows" />
			</include>
			<!-- TV top rated -->	
				<param name="controlId" value="90020" />
				<param name="listVisible" value="!String.IsEqual(Window(Home).Property(TopRatedTVShows.Count),0)" />
				<param name="content" value="plugin://script.extendedinfo?info=topratedtvshows" />
			</include>
			<!-- TV airing today -->	
				<param name="controlId" value="90021" />
				<param name="listVisible" value="!String.IsEqual(Window(Home).Property(AiringTodayTVShows.Count),0)" />
				<param name="content" value="plugin://script.extendedinfo?info=airingtodaytvshows" />
			</include>
			<!-- TV on the air -->	
				<param name="controlId" value="90022" />
				<param name="listVisible" value="!String.IsEqual(Window(Home).Property(OnAirTVShows.Count),0)" />
				<param name="content" value="plugin://script.extendedinfo?info=onairtvshows" />