Sad face loop afer updating

So have you tried reinstalling OSMC?

nope, I was waiting for your instructions : do your think I should flash the latest version ? only the bootloader ? the latest bootloader or an old one ? …

Just install the old boot loader, if it was working before.

Sam

ok. I think it will boot up to the sad face…

I was wrong, flashing the old bootloader worked !
the command cat /proc/device-tree/model shows :

Vero4KPlus

What problem could using the old bootloader pose ?

It doesn’t implement secureOSMC, so you could have some issues in the future with Kodi v19 and 4.9.

It isn’t clear to me why your system cannot boot with the new bootloader.
There’s UART on the board, but it would require soldering which is not ideal.

OK, maybe I’ll get to that if i think the improvement of KODI v19 and 4.9 worth it…
(soldering should be OK if it’s not “micro soldering” ! )

Now that you’ve re-flashed the old bootloader, what’s the output of

cat /proc/cmdline

rootfstype=ramfs init=/init console=ttyS0,115200 no_console_suspend earlyprintk=aml-uart,0xc81004c0 ramoops.pstore_en=1 ramoops.record_size=0x8000 ramoops.console_size=0x4000 androidboot.selinux=permissive logo=osd1,loaded,0x3d800000,10
80p60hz maxcpus=4 vout=1080p60hz,enable hdmimode=1080p60hz cvbsmode=576cvbs hdmitx= cvbsdrv=0 pq= androidboot.firstboot=1 jtag=apao androidboot.hardware=amlogic mac=C4:4E:AC:26:46:FE androidboot.mac=C4:4E:AC:26:46:FE androidboot.slot_su
ffix=_a root=/dev/vero-nand/root rootfstype=ext4 quiet console=tty0 osmcdev=vero3

No mention of 4kplus there. That confirms that flashing the bootloader sets your device as a non-plus Vero4K. At the very least, @sam_nazarko needs to give you a 4K+ version of the old bootloader.

Edit: On second thoughts, what’s in the old bootloader? Code for the 4K or the 4Kplus?

well, don’t know what’s in it, the file is called

vero4kplus-oldbootloader.img

Well, the name suggests it’s for the 4K+, though /proc/cmdline is for the non-plus 4K. Something seems to be a bit borked.

yep !