Sad face loop after OSMC's August update

Here you are

https://paste.osmc.tv/paragidusu

Hi @sam_nazarko,

Iā€™ve sent you a private message with the credentials so you can login to my device and check for any issues, as you requested. Can you confirm that you have received it?

Kind regards,
Daniel Barbosa

Somehow missed that. Iā€™ll take a look now.

Unfortunately itā€™s not a debug log so itā€™s hard to see why you get a sad face loop.
Can you enable debug logging, then set up the client and post logs?

I donā€™t think itā€™s related to @LaFigaTaTiaā€™s issue ā€“ so it may be better off in a separate post.

Daniel,

Iā€™ve had a look at your system.

• The eMMC looks fine after pressure testing
  • There appears to be an SD card attached to the device with only the installation log. I suspect this is the card you used to reinstall OSMC.

Iā€™d like to reset the partition table and format the device to be on the safe side. Do you mind if I do this? Your installation will be completely reset.

However, I canā€™t see anything wrong with your device. My suspicion lies with the hard disks you have been using. Itā€™s had high uptime and survived a reboot.

Iā€™d look at getting SMART data from that if you can. I donā€™t believe USB caddies usually pass this through, so it may be an idea to put it in a PC.

Some suggestions from earlier: Sad face loop after OSMC's August update - #68 by sam_nazarko

Bad / borderline hardware can cause strange results. Perhaps the kernel panics due to corruption on the HDD and this causes eMMC integrity problems too (earning you a reinstallation). It is a shame we cannot reproduce it on demand trivially.

Sam

Hi,

You can go ahead a format the device.

I didnā€™t got what you meant by this part.

If itā€™s a problem with the hard disks how can we detect that?

Kind Regards,
Daniel

SMART might tell you about this on your computer.
Thereā€™s no reason OSMC would delete any content in /media automatically. It sounds like potential disk problems or filesystem corruption.

Iā€™ve re-initialised your device. You can now follow the on-screen setup. If you enable SSH, please change the password as you are still port-forwarded.

Sam