Sad Face when casting from NAS or Playing via Emby

Could you clarify the state of play here? I get the impression that you finally got past the sync phase but it later crashed “during playback”. Unfortunately, in this case that’s insufficiently clear. What do you mean by playback? Were you casting to Kodi or simply choosing something from a menu? As has already been mentioned, casting from Windows 10 uses UPnP/DLNA and it’s quite possible that the Emby add-on uses the same (or similar) mechanism. As also mentioned, the implementation of DLNA on Kodi can be a bit flakey.

To get to the bottom of this problem, you need to remove the Emby add-on, mount the remote share using NFS or SMB and see if problems persist when running Kodi without Emby. The bulk of the errors are memory-related, which might either be hardware- or software-related, so you need to start with a basic installation and test it thoroughly before adding anything new.

Hi just to clarify situation.

Im not casting via Win10, im just trying to now play it via the emby add on OSMC. This Syncs fine now it seems, but it still crashes during play back after 5-10mins on a MKV file. However, ive not had it crash during playback of an AVI file type.

So im now scratching my head what the cause is,I will try what you suggest and mount the NAS and do normal playback I suspect it will be fine but lets see.

After that I think its time for a replacement.

Hi @sam_nazarko and @dillthedog

I moved house recently and set everything up, I can stream directly from the NAS but the Vero 4k still has the same issue.

Can I request a new one?

Thanks.

If you think this is a hardware issue you can indeed initiate an RMA. We will then check the device for problems.

If this crash only occurs with Emby, it’s not likely to be a hardware fault with the Vero 4K.

Sam

The Vero4k just crashed with the same issue:

Feb 04 23:00:11 osmc-QuantumRay kernel: VideoPlayer[14150]: unhandled level 3 translation fault (11) at 0xb6f00000, esr 0x92000007

Full logs are here: https://paste.osmc.tv/ocahimaxim

I am streaming from a NAS server. First time it started when I was after pressing the arrow up and down several times on the remote to quickly move through the movie. Then it started to happen on the first arrow up/down press. Today it happens every time I reach a certain part of the movie. That is a 4K HDR with Dolby Atmos.

This part of the movie could be corrupted somehow because when I change the audio stream to AC3 or DTS HD Master audio - it just skips 1 sec and continues, but with TrueHD 7.1 it always crashes on this specific spot. So it seems the player is unstable when playing this audio codec

The post you replied to is over three years old, and probably not related to the issue you are experiencing.

The actual issue seems to be:

Feb 04 23:00:12 osmc-QuantumRay mediacenter[351]: /usr/bin/mediacenter: line 212:   542 Segmentation fault      sudo -u osmc MALLOC_MMAP_THRESHOLD_=8192 LIRC_SOCKET_PATH=/var/run/lirc/lircd $KODI --standalone -fs
Feb 04 23:00:12 osmc-QuantumRay mediacenter[351]: Kodi exited with return code 139 after 23 hours, 15 minutes and 9 seconds

Kodi shouldn’t really be crashing - but the audio stream looks potentially corrupted.
There is also a known issue with the current version of Kodi crashing with TrueHD streams; but only when seeking.

Sam

1 Like