Samsung remote not working in OMSC when installed on BerryBoot

Hey there,

first of all, iam very new to Raspberry Pis and Stuff but yeah whatsoever. So until yesterday i had a OSMC running to watch youtube through the addon, everything worked perfect, i was able to contol OSMC via my smartphone and via my samsung remote. But today i decided to install BerryBoot to be able to run 2 OS. But when i installed OSMC, it wont accept my remote. The led of the tv is flashing when i press buttons and even in the menue of BerryBoot, my remote works without problems but as i said, it is not working in OSMC.
Someone got a Idea what could cause that? Btw iam running on a Raspberry 4 4gb

If BerryBoot broke CEC then that is an issue you would need to take up with them. A web search for “berryboot broken cec” should show that it is not something unique to us.

There is also the option to use a non-CEC remote setup. This could take the form of a second remote like is sold in the OSMC shop or maybe if your Samsung remote has the ability to control other devices (ie universal remote) you could buy an IR receiver like the FLIRC USB.

I don’t think BerryBoot uses an OSMC kernel and doesn’t use OSMC versions of Pi firmware. Some logs might confirm if this is the case.

Uhmm sorry for my noob questions but, if thats the case, what does that mean, and which logs do you need and where to get them?

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

First of all thank you for your time and help.
So this is the link.
After i rebooted twice, i pressed some key on my samsung remote but as the times before, nothing happend

You don’t seem to have provided a link.

oh damn sorry, my bad… here it is:
https://paste.osmc.tv/uxuxedahev

I’ve had a look at the log.

This isn’t an OSMC kernel: 5.10.43v64.
It looks like BerryBoot uses its own kernel

Unfortunately this is not something we can support, and could explain why CEC is not functional

uhm so i just have to accept the error, or what do you suggest?

You know a way i can use something like berryboot and also se the original kernl from osmc?

You can try Noobs, but why would you need another OS anyway? What can’t you do with OSMC?

i want to use my raspberry als media center to watch youtube and i also want it to somehow streaming my pc games to my raspberry, i tought of using the steam link app for it