Saying goodbye to Apple TV

I guess there is a USB BOOTLOADER Creator for that for the ATV? Downloads section is gonna be my next port of call I guess

OK, well 2017.01-01 installed
but Video GPU still shows GeForce Go 7300/PCIe, no mention of the Crystal Broadcom device any where

any ideas how to get it to use the Broadcom device?

My Apple TV 4K was a great machine but it got bricked by the public beta iOS 13 , beta 2 to be exact. No way to restore it, no outputs, inputs for usb, so instead of paying 149$ for a refurb from Apple, I just cleaned out my closet and found 2 apple tv’s First gen, both with Crystal HD installed.

The latest OSMC update didn’t allow CHD to be utilized so i downgraded both to the Jan 2017 OSMC update 2017.01-01, which allows me to have Kodi(XBMC) with Plex, YouTube and movie, tv show files, mp4’s and even mkv’s, from my NAS thru NFS. So far no major issues, I have one in the living room and the other in bedroom and I can watch my 1080p hd264 movies and shows with no stuttering. The only issue I noticed is YouTube 1080’and 720 p videos which stall but I’ve since adjusted the settings to ask me the he quality of video before I play it and I use 480p when the videos don’t work with higher resolutions.

Wife and kids now happy and so am I. Thanks OSMC for making me not miss my AppleTV 4K as much anymore. I’ll wait for Xmas to get an Nvidia shield for my 4K uhd mkv’s.

Nooooooooo…! Don’t do it! :scream:

If you want something with a similar support timeframe, then look at the Vero.

Keep in mind that we can support hardware we produce much better than we can other hardware.

Cheers

Sam

1 Like

Crashing every 1-2 days would put it on life support in my books, and it would be time to switch the machine off :slight_smile: Last time my Raspberry Pi 3 OSMC box was off was a few weeks ago, when I manually shut it down in order to play with a Pi 2 and didn’t want to dig out another power supply.