SB X-Fi and Asus Xonar U5 compatibility

Hy, I want to buy a external sound card in order to connect my Vero 4k + with an analogic 5.1 system wicht don´t have any digital imputs.

I have seen these two model:
Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro: https://en.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blaster-x-fi-surround-5-1-pro
Asus Xonar U5: Xonar U5|Sound Cards|ASUS Global

Both device have similar price and capabilities.
Which one would be easy to configure and provide better performace in Vero 4k+?

Thanks.

I think either should work on Linux

Last time I looked the Asus Xonars were getting the top reviews. As Sam says, either should work but unless someone has reverse-engineered the Windows/Mac drivers you won’t get the bells and whistles like equalisers and virtual surround sound/upmixing.

Consider the Asus 7.1 version if you have another amp and speakers lying around :wink:

Thank you for answer.

Do you think it worth spend extra money in that devices despite the lost of the bells and whistles?
I have also see a cheeper one:
USB Audio Adapter External Sound Card - USB Audio Adapters | StarTech.com Europe
It has less sound cuality, but may be, in Vero it get same performace than de other ones.

It depends how ‘golden’ your ears are. Having looked at the prices, I can now see the Asus 7.1 is a lot more than the 5.1 so probably not worth it if you’re not thinking of getting more speakers to hang off it.

As for quality, who knows? Note that the cheaper one doesn’t do sample rates more than 48kHz if that’s important to you.

Thank you very much grahamh.
I’ll problably buy xonar U5 o U7, it depends of the ofert, my doubt was if linux could go off the sound quality and for your comments and some other forums posts I´m quite sure that I’ll enjoy if I’ll buy a good device.