Scraper "The TVDB" fails to load non-english series descriptions

Hi there, I am using the latest and greatest of OSMC, and I have to admit, great work! It took me ~15 minutes to set it up and less than an hour to have (most of) my series imported. However, when trying to import some non-english series (namely the popular German crime series “Tatort”), I am having serious trouble, because the language settings are not passed on to the TV Show scraper.

This is my setup:

Media center:
osmc@zhongguo[~]$ dpkg -s rbp2-mediacenter-osmc Package: rbp2-mediacenter-osmc Status: install ok installed Priority: required Section: video Installed-Size: 82533 Origin: OSMC Maintainer: Sam G Nazarko <email@samnazarko.co.uk> Architecture: armhf Version: 15.2.0-8

Kernel:
$ uname -a Linux zhongguo 4.3.3-1-osmc #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat Dec 26 22:15:38 UTC 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux

Release:
$ cat /etc/os-release PRETTY_NAME="Open Source Media Center" NAME="OSMC" VERSION="December 2015" VERSION_ID="2015.12-1"

Problem description:
I am running version 1.8.3 of the The TVDB add-on, which does not pick up my series info from thetvdb.com.

My problem is that language settings are not passed on to CreateSearchUrl, so my German series are not being picked up (which probably hits all non-native English speakers).

This is the corresponding log info that you get after turning DEBUG on in Kodi:
21:58:35 20582.154297 T:1729098784 DEBUG: scraper: CreateSearchUrl returned <url cache="cache-Tatort-en.xml">http://thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?seriesname=Tatort&amp;language=en</url>

This is the Search-URL that is being used. When manually trying language=de or language=all instead, it works like a charm.

Needless to say, I set language in Settings - The TVDB to German (=de).

What do you recommend?

I am more than happy to report this also to upstream (meaning to the Kodi team), but wanted to check here first.

Thank you so much for your support and this great project!