SD card full (/dev/mmcblk0p2 used 100%) i don't know why

Hi guys,

My SD card is always full and i’m not finding the reason for it.
Here is the ncdu command result:

https://imgur.com/91nJqin

Here is the df -h :

https://imgur.com/qAlOIIU

As you can see /dev/mmcblk0p2 is used 100% but i cannot find the answer for that, nothing in the ncdu shows me what is occupying all that space.

Any help is welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Un-mount anything in /mnt and then check again. You may have accidentally copied files into /mnt.

You were right it seems something is copying files into mnt/elements folder instead of external storage. I will try to find if it is radarr or sonarr. I don’t know why some are copied to the right place and others don’t. Do you have any suggestion @bmillham ?
Is it possible that for some reason when the pi restarts and the external storage it isn’t mounted but transmission is downloading something, that it downloads to mnt folder instead of external storage?
Thanks mate!!

That’s very possible. If radarr or sonarr is starting before the mounts then they will write to the SD card, even if the mount happens later. If you are starting them using systemd, then you could add a target to prevent them from running to early. Or a simple crude fix would be to add a sleep at the beginning of the startup script.

Thanks @bmillham for your reply!!
I spent a lot of hours in this and you saved me more wasted time.
I will try to find how i only start the services after the drive is mounted with the target you talked about.

@bmillham I added the following line to my transmission service:

RequiresMountsFor=/mnt/elements

Here is the final transmission.service:

[Unit]
Description=Transmission BitTorrent Daemon
RequiresMountsFor=/mnt/elements
After=udisks-glue.service

[Service]
User=osmc
Group=osmc
Type=notify
ExecStartPre=/bin/sleep 10