SD card full

I have a 16 gig SD card which had 11 gigs free space on it until I added My music and scanned it in whoopsy ! Down to 300 megs. Is there a way to SSH in and delete what the music scan did ?

What exactly did you do?

Did you add your music to the SD card or did you connect OSMC to some storage where your music lives and simply index/scrape it?

If the latter you should be able to remove the music source and clean the library I think.

Bingo ! Never thought of that ! Remove the source and clean up the library !

Thank YOU !!

Well in Kodi 17 Escuary I can remove sources for TV or Movies but under Music I don’t see anywhere how to remove the Music source ?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Set_content_and_scan#Switching_scrapers_and_removing_sources_from_the_library

Rather than remove, try editing and setting content type to ‘None’ then rescanning/cleaning

I looked all over and can not find the Music Library location on Kodi It only showed up once on the initial setup of Music Library.

Under Video I can see My TV show and Movie library but nothing showing up under the other TABs for Music

Music>Files>

Thank You ! Found it…OK I removed the source then ran Clean Library go back check memory on the card its still on there so I go back into Kodi the source is removed and My Music is still there :frowning:

http://paste.osmc.io/wuwiresabu

Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
permitted by applicable law.
Last login: Mon Feb 27 12:54:45 2017 from 10.0.0.3
osmc@osmc:~$ df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
devtmpfs 362M 0 362M 0% /dev
tmpfs 367M 5.2M 362M 2% /run
/dev/mmcblk0p2 15G 14G 257M 99% /
tmpfs 367M 0 367M 0% /dev/shm
tmpfs 5.0M 4.0K 5.0M 1% /run/lock
tmpfs 367M 0 367M 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/mmcblk0p1 240M 21M 219M 9% /boot
tmpfs 74M 0 74M 0% /run/user/1000

Have a blast.

Its the music even tho the file has been removed I can still see the music and play it

Then delete it?

Delete each song ? 1000’s …I just got an Idea !!! I will change the folder name on the server !

Files on the server have no bearing on space being used on you pi sdcard! Just use ncdu to find what is taking the space!

ummmm.Sorry when it comes to PC getting around inside of them im great ! When it comes to running commands on Pi I am clueless

Well changing the name of my Music worked ! Kodi no longer see’s it so I ran clean library checked df -h LOL Still has all that Artwork on the SD card. Could I use WinSCP go to that folder and delete it ?

Little reading on how to use ncdu ! Got it working and found that the temp folder had all the music cover pictures ! 10 gig so deleted it ! Everything works and now have my space back ! THANK YOU !!!

P.S. still kodi should of cleaned that on its own