Sept 2017 update - failed to start broadcom 43xx bluetooth HCI

After the sept '17 update my raspi3 no longer has bluetooth capabilities. A message appears at startup that the 43xx broadcomm bluetooth HCI failed to start. Prior to the update all was good

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

This should now be fixed. Just update again.

Sam

I’m affected by the same thing, my bluetooth broke after installing the sept upgrade. I did just update but still getting

Oct 01 18:48:19 mediabox systemd[1]: Starting Broadcom 43xx bluetooth HCI…
Oct 01 18:48:20 mediabox systemd[1]: Failed to start Broadcom 43xx bluetooth HCI.

I did just do a sudo apt update; sudo apt upgrade and it reinstalled Upgrade: bluetooth:armhf (5.23-2, 5.23-2+deb8u1), but it still doesn’t work.

I attempted to do an update both within osmc and via sudo atp update but system response in both cases with… system up to date, no new updates available.

When did you check for updates?

This was only fixed a few minutes ago; so you may have checked before the update was made available.

Sam

Just updated. Problem fixed. Great work Sam! Much appreciated!

Mine was cleared up also after applying the new update.